C section?

edited September 2011 in First time moms
How long do u bleed,after birth?.& how long did ya wait to have sex again?

Comments

• I bled for 2 weeks after birth and had sex the next day after. Your supposed to wait 6 weeks though.
  • Im still lightly bleeding 9 weeks after my c-section :( dr says its 100% normal but it really sucks
  • I think it depends on the person I had my baby 1.5 weeks ago and I stopped bleeding yesterday. I've yet to have sex though I just don't care to do it with my husband he's annoying the hell out of me.
  • I bled about 5 weeks
  • I had a c-section on August 25. I've stopped bleeding for the most part, usually just the brown tint now. But when I potty, I still lose sone lochia (?)..

Here's some advice for after your c-section. Get up and start walking asap, you're going to be swollen, its annoying! Makes sure they give you your pain meds on tine every time! Ask for help from the nursea, even if they seem annoyed, its their job to help. Always get help getting the baby out of the hospital bassinet. The disposable panties are a life saver!! Take them all when you leave, you wont regret it. If you're going to have more support at home vs the hospital & are allowed to leave early, I recommend doing so (I did). Once home, don't do too much, you'll be sore & it really wears you out. Take your meds on time. I sometimes take it 30 min early only if I'm really hurting. Ince you Rx is out, Advil is amazing too!

It takes time & feels like forever, but it DOES get easier and better. I promise. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!!