15 and pregnant..

edited January 2011 in Teen moms
I am 15 and pregnant and am totally lost..im 9 weeks. Any help?

Comments

• Wat r u lost about??? R u scared??
  • I'm with the previous poster. Are you scared? In all honesty, I'm 23, already have two kids and I was terrified when I found out I was pregnant again. It took a bit for me to calm down and be happy and excited cos I wasn't ready for another one. If you're scared the best thing you can have right now is a good sport system. That's what helped me. :)
  • I meant support, sorry!
  • Everything will calm down for you, I'm 21 and my oldest is 4 my sister was 13 when she got pregnant but that is because of something I will not explain, but I'm with Viviya as long as you have a good support system and people around you that love & care about you it will all work out. If you have anything that you want to talk about we are all here to help each other & to listen sometimes that's all you need. It will get better, good luck!
  • I hope :( thanks!
  • Im 16 and pregnant lol , dont be afraid. What I did was judt let my parents kno as soon as possible that took off a big weight off my back, other than that I decided to just stay calm to keep my baby healthy
  • It will b alright. I had my first child at 15 & it wasn't easy. But I am 21 now and I am here to tell u don't give up bcus with God all things are possible. Everyone dogged me out but I have my diploma, I am an accounting student in college, & I have my own house. So if I can do it u can to. My mom was my support system and in thankful. So keep ur head up and don't give up. I've been there.
  • I am 14 and pregnant dont worry bout it I found out I was pregnant when I was 5 month gone and I was scared but everyone is actually supportive xx Good luck x
  • Young ladies, take this as a learning experience. Lets not become another statistic. No one is perfect so in the future just take advantage of ways to prevent getting pregnant. Teen pregnancy is a very hot topic now a days and that should not be the case. Please don't be offended, these are just words of advice.
  • im 15 going on 16 and pregnent but whats done is done.....this is a life lesson so whatever you call it your stuck with it so get ready to mature up
  • Keep ur heads up ladys, its going to be hard but nothing is easy when u have a baby,,there is always people to talk to,,,just make sure u tell ur parents u will need them alot,,,, best wishes
  • Im also 15 & pregnant
  • I'm 18 & pregnant, its one hell of a ride ladies but hang in there, this is Gods blessing in disguise
  • I was 14 when i got pregnant with my first and had her when i was 15 :) it was hard and scary but i had my parents support and i graduated high school and went to college now im pregnant with my second and im 23 and more scared now than with the first lol just always think positive and do whats best for you and baby
  • edited February 2011
    @brittnanyiscute I hate that ppl disliked your comment but I agree.....being a teen mom is something that happens and doesnt make you any less of a person or a bad mom. but its beginning to become more common and young girls arent realizing the "statistics and disadvantages" they are putting their child in.
  • im 20 and terrified. i think that just comes with being pregnant at any age! like everyone says here, find your support system, whether it be family, friends, women here, or other, and lean on them. you never know who will have your back until you ask for help.
    stay strong, stay positive. you'll make it out okay!
  • I was 15 when I found out im 16 now my daughter will be born this saturday everything will be okay just stay in school.
  • @brittnanyiscute exactly which statistic are you referring to?

@ahay95 it's not the easiest thing in the world, & it is ok to be scared. Take the time to process what is going on, & decide what is best for you & the baby. Lean on your family & the right friends.
  • im also 15 & pregnant ..i just need advice on how to tell my parents
  • I'm 16 and pregnant with my first due Oct 13 I'm 7 weeks I personally would not agree to hiding my baby so my mom found out the same day that I did she actually found out first she took me to take the test but we still have to tell my boyfriends judge mental family everyone says how its not going to be easy but they never say its going to be worth it don't be scared I would say tell them now but the sooner the. Better but when your ready its fine too ;;)
  • edited February 2011
    :">

OOPPS IT POSTED TWICE, READ BELOW. :X
  • @brittanyiscute and @Newmommy_navywife

i hope i do not sound rude or disrespectful, i am the first to admit im am not not doing too well on being tactful with this pregnancy.

while it is your full god given right to have an opinion about statistics, it is sad that you use them as your reasoning for your opinion, with that im saying statistics promote IGNORANCE, we were all created with our own worth, god did not create us to be grouped and judged. statistics never likes to point out that just because you wait until you are over 18 that it isnt any easier to be a parent, they also fall to state the divorce rate during pregnancy as they (statistics) want you to still push to be married before having kids, nor do they stat that just because you are college educated before you have children that, guess what, you will struggle at times just like the women and parents that did not wait. i really do not like how people allow others to cause them to form an opinion about a specific situation. heres something thats not posted in a statistic; 14 yr old gets pregnant, drops out of school at 8th grade level (due to lack of support), keeps her baby, provides an adequate lifestyle for her child, still manages to meet a WONDERFUL man, has another child and guess what has 2 daughters, both finished high school, one still in college (a private college) and one that has graduated from college, after graduating high school at 16. THIS IS THE STORY OF MY MOTHER, grew up in a horrible family position, experienced some really bad things, made a desicion beyond her years, owned up to her responsibility, made the best out of her situation and proved the statistics to be wrong.
    Pull the statistics on the rate of married, educated, financial stable, (seemed to be) mentally stable well within adult age parents thats buckle under the stress of their "perfect" well-planned lives and harm, murder, or abandon their children. that statistic would concern me a whole lot more than these young ladies growing up too fast.
    To the young ladies that are pregnant, i wish you all the best, let me be the first to tell you I'm 27 carrying my 3rd baby, college educated, so forth and so on. i do not see my life as any easier than any other parent. life is hard, being a parent can be difficult, but you ultimately will make your destiny. what i mean by that is if you sit down and write out a goal/mission statement for yourself and the process you will have to endure to achieve each goal. this will be a tremindous help for you on your journey to success and to being a GREAT mom. i (as well as a lot of other ladies/gentlemen on here) am here if you ever want to talk, just inbox me.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU LADIES YOUNG OR OTHERWISE AND BE BLESSED
  • @singlemomofsoontobe3 I'm not saying it's not possible, and I think it's awesome when a single mom is successful. But my point was it's becoming common and like you yourself said it's hard so if women like yourself thats doing good encourage young girls to wait so they might have it a little easier.

I agree when you said it is scary at any age, education level, etc but waiting till you have completed your goals and have a partner makes it that much easier. Like I said earlier being a teen mom doesn't make you a bad person etc but we as a community should try to bring the rising numbers down. If you or anyone else was offended I'm sorry, but thats just my opinion.
  • I was also a teen mom at 14 I wrk hard have my own place, I have 4 kiddos total I was a single parent n I made it school college n all, I do understand where these women are coming from but now is not the time to judge whats done is done n they need guidance n wrds of knowledge.

-N for the teen moms out there keep ur heads up make wiser choices love urselfs n always always know u can do it n ur not alone. Im here for u all
  • A mom at 15 is still a mom just as a 25 year old its the same thing. Age is just a number. A 15 year old can learn more things in her short life then some 30 year olds its possible and people need to learn to just accept it. Because a child of a mom who had them at 15 and the child of a mom who had them at 25 could be the best of friends and not see eachother as any different. It shows age is just a number
  • @singlemomofsoontobe3 and yes there are statistics for children with divorce parents etc and if that was the topic I would have mentioned that but it's a "teen mom" topic hence why I mentioned things concerning that.
  • I can say one thing about statistics im not gonna be one and alot of other girls arent
  • I'm 24.Married. waited to have sex untill I was married. Planned this pregnancy and still scared as heck!! Your hormones play a huge role right now in how you deal in the beginning . I know things will get better for you. Don't let Anyone put you down!!! :)) I also have two friends who were 15 and 16 when they got pregnant. You can do it!!!! Good luck!!!
  • @mamikailee and I think thats awesome! One of my girls just turned 18 got pregnant and she had to leave my squad and she to is refusing to be a statistic. Young women like you make a difference and show girls already in the situation it's possible and others how to prevent.
  • I seen a prego 15 year old who is an amazing mom. Shes paying her own college supporting her baby and has an amazing baby daddy. I have two neighors who are 25 andone is 30 they are terrible mothers I swear. And there divorcsd. Point of story either age can be bad or great parents