Due date not possible?

edited September 2011 in First Trimester
The Dr's office changed my due date, but that would mean it was only 4 days after I got pregnant I found out I was pregnant from a hpt?? Lol...my period was over a week late when I took the test. This doesn't make sense. I understand the baby is measuring smaller...but me getting pregnant at the time I apparently did is impossible.

Comments

• Its Just A Estimated Guess Samething Happened To Me With My Due Date :)
  • Yea the one they gave me is wrong 2. Its off by 3 days. My doc says I got pregnant on feb 22nd which isnt possible because I was on a plane that day & the next. I just go by my own due date.
  • My cousin was told she was 5 weeks and it was impossible as shed and hubby hadnt got it on for over 6 weeks due to an illness she had... Then when she had a scan she was almost 3 weeks further on (where she should be) dont worry they always guesstimate early on :-)
  • Don't feel alone they did it to me when they say I concieved this one I had been showing symptoms for over a wk. I have about 6that wks left and I am getting a amino done to test the lungs bc I have gd and baby is measuring big, and they don't want baby to big.
  • I'm going to tell the doctor I know when I got pregnant so I'm keeping my original due date. If not...I'll be finding a new dr. My 3 year old is tiny...but I'm not going to say she's 2 just because she's smaller then average. I have officially become Pregzilla lmfao oh lord that's just what the world needs haha
  • Well according to my due date says my last period was dec 6 when it wasnt, it was nov.22. I ovulated early.or late. Idk which one.lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mimii36 did you have sex the days before your flight? You can have sex and not conceive for days.....
    @valentinasmommy that would mean you ovulated late. I ovulate between 7-10 days later then normal so my dd wouldn't go by my lmp either.
  • @mimii36 did you have sex the days before your flight? You can have sex and not conceive for days.....
    @valentinasmommy that would mean you ovulated late. I ovulate between 7-10 days later then normal so my dd wouldn't go by my lmp either.
  • Haha yea. We had went by my lmp at first but when i had an ultrasound that completely changed it. @Babyluv8
  • I would understand the late ovulation, and it could take 3 days from when you had sex to get pregnant. I know exactly when I ovuated and fot pregnant so that's why it makes me pissed. This is my fifth child, and she made me feel like I'm a first time Mom that doesn't know their body at all. The u/s tech is saying I conceived at the end of July...I found out I was pregnant from a home preg test at the end of July lol
  • I know we conceived on December 31st, but they kept telling me that her measurements didn't add up with that date. Now that I'm about to pop, she is still little. I'm pretty sure my due date is off by a week and that I'm really 38 weeks right now. It sucks because we had everything arranged for me to be induced early so my husband could fly home to be here and now it looks like he might miss it.
  • edited September 2011
    I got a positive Hpt a few days after I conceived.
  • I've never heard of having high enough hcg levels to take a hpt days after getting pregnant. Your hcg levels don't start to rise until on average your 3rd week or 1 week after conception. It's possible, but very rare. I went to the ER and according to the Tech I was barely 5 weeks with a 23k hcg count??? That's not possibe unless I had twins or triplets!! Which, thankfully it's only one. Quick timeline lmp-July 4 first test-July 30(it was a little faded so I didn't count it) second test-Aug 4(bright pink) ER visit-Aug22. Oh...and the only time I had sex in July was on the 17th. The tech had the nerve to tell me that sperm can live in a womans bodys for over a week....BULLSHIT!!
  • My Dr told me I found out I was pregnant almost a week after having conceived. He said I got preg January 26th ish but I had a + test first week of feb. I told him I had two periods in January one at the beginning one at the end that was light spotting for a couple days. You would think that would have been implantation bleeding. Not according to him. Then my genetic u/s I was according to my ob 11.5 weeks. The tech said I was measuring over a week and a half ahead so she moved my due date my Dr refuses to move it up to her date but he says I am measuring ahead according to his date. It would put me exactly on what ultrasound tech had moved it too and exactly what my first period in January was. When my Dr told me how far I was at my first u/s I knew he was wrong and I told everyone then the u/s confirmed it when she said he was ahead. So go with your gut. Baby will come when baby wants to though lol.
  • Had feb 22 is my birthday! Getting frisky on my day I see lol w
  • I got preggo around the 26th of August and got a positive hpt Sept. 8. I know I didn't get pregnant before that because hubby was deployed till then. They kept going by my last period at the end of July even though I knew it was wrong. Needless to say I was right had my baby in may.
  • I think that more women know their bodies better then doctors and nurses want to believe. Us women are awesome like that lol