my mom's house burnt down tonight. I am at a loss and could really use the support

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
my mom's house is gone. she was up in vermont (we live in nh) visiting relatives and for some reason not yet known her house caught on fire. no one was home at the time which is a blessing but everything is gone. her 3 dogs, my cat and her cat and her amazon parrot. all gone. all of our memories from a life time there are gone. pictures of all my grandparents who have passed and can't be replaced are gone. photo albums,, baby pictures everything. all of my nephews toys (my brother lived there with them) gone. I am in shock. I am trying hard not to stress out as I am having a baby any day now but its hard. please everyone I really need your support. thank you.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh i'm so sorry hun not much I can do but here for support >:D<
  • So sorry to hear this terrible news. I will pray for you and your family for some healing.
  • Oh no hun!!! I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you and your whole family. I'm glad all the people were ok, but I know the loss of the pets was very painful. I pray you can find peace and hope at the thought of making new memories. Please reach out to your other family members and see if they have pictures that you can copy so that you can have more. Please keep me posted on things and I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • Oh my gosh! The animals too? I am so so so sorry! I pray everything will be okay!
  • Omg thats so horrible! Im so very sorry :( I couldn't imagine. Those poor animals, but thank god your mom, brother, and nephew are safe!! Lots of prayers and hugs! >:D<
  • That's terrible an I'm so sorry to hear it. Our house caught on fire whn I was young it was devestating, so I knw how bad u must b feeling :( sorry bout all the things that were lost that r irreplaceable. Its a blessing nobody was ther an got hurt. I'll say a prayer for ur family. God bless
  • I'm so sorry... its horrible news. I will be saying a prayer for u and ur family tonight. My grandparents house burned down a few years back and it really hurt my whole family. I have friends who have lost there homes in the tx fires just this week too. I know it a really hard thing to go through. I'm here if u ever need to talk.
  • I am so sorry love!! This breaks my heart!! I'll be praying for your family to cope well!
  • Omg!!! I'm so so so so sorry :( i know how you feel this happened to my grandparents minus the pets and they were an absolute wreck for about a year! Will be praying for your family. Yous will get through this and glad that everyone is safe! Rip to the pets xo
  • @Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle @stella @ash1la @TishJ330 @smcox @rockinmomma @breewashington08 @wallieheadbaby3 @Mrs4c @jellybeaning11

Thank you so much for the support. my mom was just here crying and I didn't even know what to say to her. When I am upset I don't cry I just kinda hide whatever is going on inside of me until I can process it later.. if that makes sense. I have had people get mad at me before for not grieving outwardly. They are going back up to vermont with my brother (who was at work when this happened) to go get my nephews (they stayed up there with my uncle while my mom, dad and aunt rushed down here so they didn't have to see what was going on) and somehow tell a 5 year old and a 4 year old that the only place they know for safety and security, their pets and their things are all gone. I don't know how I am supposed to grieve right now. I am at a loss. Should I still be happy about having a baby soon when so much was lost so quickly?

• Of course u shld still b happy. I'm sure thru all of this evrybody will still b happy when the baby gets here. It might even help ease there pain an give them a minute to focus on something else. Don't feel guilty that ur happy abour ur child.. I wish u an ur family the best :)
  • Yes you should definitely still be happy about your baby! obviously grieve for what you have lost but don't let that take away your happiness for your child!
  • I believe that you should still be excited about the baby. It's ok to grieve about one thing and celebrate something else.
  • I understand but yes you continue to e happy about the baby. Although grim we should always count are blessings. The baby, no one getting hurt those are all blessings that need to be acknowledged. I am so sorry your family is having to go thru this.
  • I'm sorry abt your moms house... thank god your family members r ok I knw this is a stressful time... you have to remember you have a baby on the way to make new memories with... I will pray for you & your family
  • So sorry to hear. Especially about the pets.
  • thank you everyone for the support. we are meeting with the red cross today. they have some vouchers to get some clothes and things for my nephews. my brother has almost full custody of them because his ex is such a crappy mother so these poor little boys have lost the only safe place they know. the firefighters dug a whole on our property line so my parents could go today and put our animals to rest. I am in just shock at this point. no one will let me help they all want me to rest so i don't hurt the baby.
  • @Imamommysoon I live in NH if there is anything I can do let me know. I have boys clothes and lots of toys.
  • Sending prayers.
  • I am soooo sorry hun, this is heartbreaking. The thought of those poor innocent animals makes me want to cry.
  • @kailiasmomma05 we are looking for 4t and 5t fall/winter clothes and size 12 and 12 and a half shoes. (they are irish twins so they are very similar in size)

@Excitedforoctober thats the part that is killing me. I cant sleep because when i close my eyes all i can picture is them and how scared they must have been...

http://www.wmur.com/news/29147076/detail.html

thats a link for anyone who is interested.
  • @everyone thank you so much for all the well wishes. it's nice to know that we are here for each other through all the b.s :)