bummer

edited September 2011 in Breastfeeding
Well I didn't think this would happen to me but it has. :-( I'm starting to dry up I have been strictly breast feeding but had to give my little girl her first formula bottle tonight. She is now 1 month old! This is so hard for me because I didn't think I'd ever have to give her formula and still don't want to. What worked best for u ladies to get your milk back?

Comments

• Are u pumping at all? Are u sure ur drying up? This is about growth spurt time for a breast fed baby :)
  • Fenugreek! I produce so much more now. Take 9 pills a day. 3 of them, 3 times a day.
  • U can buy it combined with blessed thistle as well...water, protein, oatmeal, lay off mint foods as well
  • No I will be getting a breast pump from wic on the 15th I bought a nipple shield tonight to see if it would help her latch since for the last week she hasn't been latching right and getting fussy. Within an hour she ate 3 times and kept crying for more.
    @Bahamamama4828 and @bentlysmommy thank u
  • My little boy ate for 5 hours straight one time, it might not be your supply. He's colicky and he was nursing for comfort because if he wasn't nursing or being rocked he cried. We got gripe water and he's a different baby now.
    pumping doesn't tell you how much you produce because it isn't as effective at getting the milk as the baby is. Take one day out of the week and just lay around with your baby and nurse. Lots of skin to skin contact. Maybe even take a bath with your baby, the closeness help a whole lot.
    There is also this tea, Milkmaid tea by earth mama angel baby, at the beginning of the box I pumped about 1.5-2 ounces, now I pump 5.