shaving

mm1mm1
edited February 2011 in Giving birth
When ur giving birth does the nurses shave u with iodine to make it sterile jus wondering my husband is a Emt and thats what he said

Comments

• They didn't shave me at all, where are you from?
  • I never had it done..but keep in mind every hostipal is diffrent
  • Your doc or midwife will know just seems weird some states worry about it and some dont
  • thats very true he told me that he had to be in a room watching as a part of his classes and that's what they did
  • iI just don't want someone to shave me I mean it jus would be weird and jus the wrong movement they could cut u
  • Ya that creeps me out. Maybe you could have your hubby do it for you and then when you get there all they have to do is put the iodine on you.
  • Maybe go for a bikini wax in your ninth month? I had a French wax there once :o hurt so bad!! But it is nice being smooth.
  • He said that if u have a lil bit they still do it...and idk a wax would be the solution
  • I have never heard of that and im on my 3rd baby.
  • You can call the hospital to find out Im on my third but I already shave so idk.
  • I don't think they shave u unless you have a c section. I'm on baby # 5 and I have never heard of that. My husband Is a fireman/Enter also and he hasn't heard of it either.
  • Sorry emt o hate touch screen lol
  • I heard hospitals used to do that all the time, but they don't bother too often now. They used to worry about bacteria in pubic hair getting on the baby, but now they're more concerned with cutting you. Idk ask the doctor or hospital. Waxing sounds nice; painful, but nice :)
  • Lol thanks for all the advice
  • I know girls who kept shaving til their baby
  • Wow, I've herd of that from WAY BACK in the day. But no. not anymore. I don't think they have done that for many years!!
  • Well he's only 27 so idk
  • @mm1 im from uk n had it done jst a wee bit coz I had a section, its standard practisr here I think but not for vag birth
  • @mm1 I had my first 2 in tx and they never did. I was in pa with my last one and it wasn't done. I don't really think that's something they would worry about.
  • Maybe its just something they still teach to emergency medical professionals as an extra precaution if they have to deliver in the field. Personally, i trim mine with my hubbies beard trimmer. No razor burn and no bush.
  • oh no.. i don't know if i'd want some one hackin down my forest preserve my hubby would be upset... he likes the idea of search n conquer :-))
  • @mrs that's some funny stuff!
  • They didn't shave me with my son. I had tried to shave the day I started contractions, and I missed some spots. I only know because my doctor told me I missed some. How embarrassing, why the hell did she have to say anything? :-))
  • isn't iodine used to clean and sterilize? Maybe he's thinking of if/when they do an episiotomy?
  • @mommyinwaiting that is a hott mess lmao... if she was going to comment she should of just trimmed up the spots u missed
  • @mommyinwaiting no kidding! Gee, thanks, doc!
  • They don't shave you for a vaginal delivery, but they do shave the area on your tummy/pelvic region for a c-section (I had my first 3 vaginally, my 4th was a c-section, they shaved me.)
  • That's what I'm talking about. I mean commend me on my effort with that huge belly to try to work around. Don't comment on the spot I missed. I bet she never shaved her own crotch with a huge pregnant belly in the way!
  • I had a C-Section. They shaved me and cleaned me up with iodine. Anytime a surgical procedure is done they cleanse the surface on your body that is getting surgery with iodine.