crib, nighttime, and monitor...worries about baby

edited September 2011 in Sleep
I can't sleep at night because I continously worry about my son who is 5 days old, at night in his crib. I hear him in the monitor and I instantly freak out. And turns out he's just making noises in his sleep. When does it go away? This feeling of worry?

Comments

• I cosleep so I have no idea. Have you ever considered cosleeping?
  • I can imagine I'm going to be the same way! I have a bassinet for the first couple of months, but after that the babies bedroom is downstairs and mine is upstairs and I know I'm going to be a nervous wreck!! Have you heard about the Angelcare monitor? I'm going to try that. It monitors the baby for movement, and a sensor goes off if movement is not detected. I was worried it may have lots of false alarms, but the reviews seem pretty good on it.
  • Lol with my first I was so worried id sit up all night staring at him. But then after a few weeks I guess I got so tired I started getting some sleep. The first few weeks I was up on adrenaline.
  • My son slept in my room for 3months, usually in bed with me. When he finally went to his room I freaked bad for about a week then it got a little better and after about a month I was actually able to sleep!
  • I had a terrible time after my daughter was born. What made it worse was my husband worked nights so I would be alone. I had terrible thoughts that my daughter would be kidnapped during the.night so I kept the.monitor up all the way. I felt fear for bout 1 month then I was fine
  • It will take a few weeks to feel comfortable in your routines and to learn to distinguish distress sounds from normal baby wiggles. Although, my daughter is 5 and I still check on her every night before I go to bed and worry if she sleeps in too late. It's part of being a mom!
  • I co sleep with my baby, she's 17 days old. In the beginning, when we just brought her home from the hospital, I was freaked out and would wake up and check on her for every little noise. But now, I know what most of her noises mean, so I don't get as freaked out.
  • Maybe u should invest in one of those breathing matt monitors. I got one and its a little more comforting I think (even though I haunt had to use it yet ny mans not here yet lol )
  • I worried so much with my son at first. I couldn't use a monitor, so I was up all the time that first month. When we got a light up monitor I felt much better. I think I really relaxed at 6 months tho.
  • I always have the monitor turned up because I'm worried I wouldn't hear him at night. I barely have gotten sleep since I delivered. I'm miserable.