what pregly means to me <3

edited September 2011 in About App & Forum
I wanted to share about what pregly means to me, and how important it is. I beg people please don't start drama on this or anything. I just wanna talk about what matters to me.

A year ago I got married to a united states airman and moved 16 hours away from home to north carolina, at the age of 18. Its been hard for me because I'm not exactly social, so I haven't really met anyone. I'm very lonely and the only person I have to talk to is my husband and my mother. I got pregnant on birth control, but fell in love instantly with what I now know to be my son. At first, I was terrified and scared... I didn't have anyone to talk to about my pregnancy... my fears of becoming a mom... and my symptoms. Then I found pregly. To me, pregly is this haven I go to. Its an escape from a world that can be cruel and misunderstanding. My hormones are so crazy, I love sharing about the simple things that make me cry and the tiny things that really irk me! My husband will never understand why I cry over nothing. But pregly is a community of women who go through the things that I do. Do be honest, pregly is my best friend. Pregly has kept me sane and from being depressed. Without it, I would live in the er freaking out over ligaments streching! Sometimes pregly is good for a luagh, which keeps the stress level down. And sometimes it maakes me appreciate how lucky I am with my life.

Thanks ladies for reading. Even though I've never met any of you, you all have been of greater help to me than I could ever explain. Also, thank you @mama_kat and @homebirthadvocate for working hard to keep pregly what it is. I know I'm not the only person who would be lost without it! Please feel free to share your stories! Just please, I beg you, keep it peaceful.

Comments

• I completely agree. This is all I ask of these ladies, keep the peace!
  • Reading this I must agree with you. I go on here for a laugh, sometimes to get told I'm not crazy, or that my husband isn't the only nut out there. When I'm worried, it gets my head out of my problem. I'm not a ftm and I enjoy sharing my experiences, helping others know it's not that bad, and as scary as delivery is it will all be ok. I hope the drama dies out because I'd hate for this to end.
  • Like button!!!! Well said momma!
  • I agree. I really hate what this site is turning in to. Ive gotten some really good advice and have been able to help some of my prego sisters.
  • I completely agree. Would you mind if I posted my story?
  • @krazymomofadrian not at all! This is a forum after all lol :)

@dawnwaarsbaby @pinkigirl yeah this forum is amazingly helpful :) a lot of us would be lost without it! Sometimes I think we can forget how much lol

@nova I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I'm sure there are a bunch of us hiddenin the background!
  • I agree. I am a little ways away from all of my friends and especially since I haven't been able to drive and havent been working due to my ob putting me on short term disability for my 3rd trimester I am very thankful for Pregly. 1-for the advice I get here and 2-the entertainment (although I was oblivious to all this drama, but probably bcuz I'm not part of the "in" crowd on here)

I just want to say thank u for this app and I hope everything gets worked out fairly, this stays open and everyone ends up being happy with the final result.
  • @newmominsept I'm sorry to hear that! Those two reasons summed up my whole story though lol :)
  • @everyone Pregly means a lot to me. I don't make posts but I do stalk everybody's post. lol. I am 15 years old and you ladies have helped me so much by posting about vaginal snot, what contractions feel like, what to expect if I was to get induced or have a c-section, having an all natural birth, I am even going to breastfeed which is something I wasn't even considering until reading everyone's posts about it. So from a scared teen I want to thank all of you.
  • @shelshay I'm glad the forum has helped you to! :) thanks for sharing your story! It really shows how important pregly really is
  • Okae when I found out I was pregnant I was 4 months along and the first appointment we found out it was a beautiful healthy baby girl. Well during the first trimester, I smoked weed every night, drank (very rarely but still did.) I wasn't eating healthy or much at all. I stopped drinking caffeine and stopped smoking weed. From the moment I found out it was a girl she was Adrian Hannah. Well we read everything we could get our hands on and planned to breastfeed. Well I was searching for pregnancy sites and was on Whattoexpect, but I wanted something more, more personal information. I searched and found pregly. I loved it I could ask every question without judgement. Talk to other young mom's who were in my situation, complain, comfort women who were having hard times, and listen to everybody. I made some friends. I have seen miscarriages, @mikeandronadopt finally getting their baby girl, so many births (remember like 2 weeks ago lol), and those ttc were finally getting their bundles. In fact Adrian could have been a home birth, if you guys hadn't been there to tell me to go to the hospital lol. Go look the post is there back on April 11. Lol. When my fiance was thinking about joining the military, where did I come to ask?? Pregly, when we got robbed, pregly was there offering support and condolences. I love you ladies and I love helping and supporting almost all of you. When I met that nasty lady at dairy queen or when I wanted to shave my head/shaved it. All you ladies said go ahead. I have friends here and my fiance is awesome, but it is nice to have something all to myself.
  • p.s. there is a possum on our porch. Should I call somebody??
  • @krazymomofadrian beautifully stated. You gave me goosebumps :)
  • I commented right after ya posted this but it disappeared :( I feel the exact same way! I'm 21 and moved 15 hrs to GA bc my bf is stationed here. No family and no friends. The only person I get to talk to/hang out with is him and being that he's not here for 14hrs a day and when he is he is sleeping... I rarely ever even get to talk to him at all! I stayed out of all this drama and am fed up with it. I'm a ftm and get so much great advice here... I'll be so sad if it gets shut down or this doesn't stop!
  • Lol @usafwife_21 It is completely true though. I would be so lost without pregly. I am a ftm and have no clue what I am doing.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks! I think u are right tho, I think Pregly does mean a lot for those two reasons to a lot of us (esp us ftm)
  • Agree! I don't post on a lot of posts..but I read what I think I can help someone with or something I want to learn about. I go to my dr tomorrow for my 6wk checkup, this was my second pregnancy but it was totally different so I really valued the help from everyone.. I hope everything can get resolved and under control..I'm tired of all this. All this drama is prob not sooo good for the preglys with high bp either.. so let us have peace on pregly please! :)
  • @kristaf22 our porch is really small we live upstairs at a duplex and the stairs are skinny and the only way to get out of the apt. Lol It is cold here tonight so he probably just wants to be warm. poor thing. I once told Adam (my fiance) to call ghostbusters at 6 a.m. in my sleep. I appearantly sounded desperate and scared.
  • @krazymomofadrian haha I'm a ftm to and id be lost as well! :) I'm glad @kristaf22 answere your oppossum questions because I'm definitely not qualified haha

@stbmilitarybrat yeah I agree :) I love pregly too mmuch to watch it suffer life this! I know my hubands works and sleeps to lol sometimes I think he's just the guy who snores in my bed and taks my car :)
  • Mine is a phantom that eats alllll of the food in the fridge and a pile of dirty uniforms in the hamper hahaha no joke sometimes I forget that someone else lives here! He doesn't snore either and I cuddle with my body pillow so I could easilyy not even notice him in our bed!!
  • @kristaf22 I completely agree you never know, but I think that was so funny. I love the ghostbusters. I don't have anything to do with the drama, and I am pretty light hearted unless I am attacked personally. Then back off, cuz I delt with that my whole child hood, I am not dealing with it here.
  • but thankfully that hasn't happened yet. lol and no I didn't plan on feeding him. I want a pet, but not that badly. :D
  • @stbmilitarybrat haha I've replaced my hubby with my body pillow! Truly a womens best friend haha I think he gets jealous! The only reason I know my hubby snores is because he works midnight... the tv has to go just a litttle higher to shut him out :) and laundry... ugh idk how his clothes get so dirty. Yay tide stain release lol
  • edited September 2011
    Awkward @-)
  • @kristaf22 yea probably. I am just glad I wasn't on earlier or I may have been banned Idk who said it, but it was mean. Some of waht they were saying I jsut found out. Sorry but wow.