Baby Wrap?

Has anyone ever successfuly made their own baby wrap? I really like the moby wrap but $40+ is a lot for a piece of fabric.

Comments

• Yes I have. I like it better because you can customize how much fabric you need...moby is too much fabric for me, I'm short
  • You can see the one I made in my profile pic. It's seriously only a 5.5 yard long piece of fabric cut to 25 inches wide. For a newborn and infant you need something stretchy like a cotton/lycra blend then for toddlers you use something less stretchy cause they're heavy. If you want to get fancy you could hem the edges, but I never do. I've made all kinds with discount fabric from Walmart - piece of cake. Hope that helps. :-)
  • Awesome! Thanks so much. I don't see spending all that money on a piece of fabric. My son is so nosey he wants to be held up looking around all the time lol. @wilsomom do you wrap it just like a moby wrap?
  • i havent done it yet but im going to.. its easy no sewing or anything.. and i seen wrap directions online.. if you get too much fabric.. wrap your lil one up and cut the excess!!! they have tutorials on you tube if you a visual learner like me.. lol
  • Yeah, there's tons of ways to use the wrap. Wrapyourbaby.com has a lot of nice videos and of course you can look up youtube videos as well.
  • I def am a visual learner also. Im gonna hit up the fabric store today.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No problem, you're welcome. :)
  • Oh that's awesome. I was wondering th were same thing too. I love the moby idea but it is costly. I'm gonna try to make my isn't too.