On the subject of new mods (not redundant I swear)

edited September 2011 in About App & Forum
So, there has been lots of discussion about adding new mods to relieve some of the burden from mamakat and homebirthadvocate. I've been waiting for the appropriate time to interject my thoughts. However, I have a limited amount of "pregly time" everyday (apparently 2 kids under 2 + 3 hours working at home/day = 1 busy mommy).

I would just like to point out to anyone even slightly considering the job (which, as we all know is unpaid and for the most part "thank-less"), that being a pregly-mod would be great H.R. experience (e.g. LOTS of conflict resolution). If you're currently a sahm but are planning to return to the workforce after your kid/s are a certain age, the pregly-mod position would be a great way to avoid gaps in your resume!

@mamakat & @homebirthadvocate I'm only posting this because it never hurts to have a larger talent-pool to pull from (if, in fact you are considering adding new mods)!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @math_mommy I would be happy to turn in my resume if you would like.. I am a stay at home mommy who is not going back to work, i have been a mod before on yahoo groups and even an owner of a yahoo group before. every job I have ever held was customer service and.. but I really will give you all my resume! haha
  • I'm a stay at home mom now as well till I'm done breast feeding and I've only worked in customer service jobs. I. Wanted to be a mod for teen moms and breastfeeding.
  • I'm a stay at home mom now as well till I'm done breast feeding and I've only worked in customer service jobs. I wanted to be a mod for teen moms and breastfeeding.
  • @ashleyfew yeah, its unfortunate that we (us preglys) cant seem to moderate our own behavior. But, adding a couple more mods seems like the next best solution. I think there were four when I joined, two when the o.g. drama started...

@garagebandfan I've been a "stalker" (though, I prefer the term "voyeur"...still creepy but less dangerous) of your threads long enough to know that you'd be perfect for the job (no resume, interview, or sleeping with the boss necessary...lol)
  • @math_mommy ohh I love knowing im being stalked haha and im glad you dont want my resume (or for me to sleep with you) but if you did want the resume I would make it available.. All I can do is hope pregly will still be here when I wake up, and that people will be listened to! It wouldnt be so bad if people werent ignored!!
  • I am a stay at home mom, on here constantly, never started drama. And I have worked fast food (not an easy job) and an over the phone sales rep. IF that doesn't qualify me then I don't know what will. lol.
  • edited September 2011
    @bentleysmommy I had a whole message typed out for you the other night. Then, my stupid andriod os phone took a sh*t. The message was basically how i think you should start a teen-mommy blog. You're such a great writer. Plus, you are the poster-child for AWESOME teen moms everywhere; its apparent to everyone how much you love that little guy! I really think you could get enough subscribers to get sponsored. At the very least it would be a great way to record memories for you and Bentley to look back on...
  • edited September 2011
    >:D<
  • edited September 2011
    Sorry phone.triple posted
  • Ladies, I wish I was doing the hiring...or that hiring was being done at all!
  • @math_mommy omg thank you so much! Idk how to do that?
  • I def agree with @math_mommy @bentleysmommy. You're definitely well spoken. More so than a lot of the women on here who I would assume are in their 20's and 30's. kudos to you :-) who knows, maybe with all the networking going on behind the scenes, another resource will be created and these great helpful women will have an opportunity to continue to be a great resource to others. :-) @krazymomofAdrian
  • edited September 2011
    @bentleysmommy I think there are several ways. My friend has a pretty successful one (here in the detroit-metro area anyway). I'll ask what domain provider he uses and get back to you. IDK if blogspot.com is free or not. None of this is to say that you wouldn't make a superb mod...I just have a feeling that you are destined for bigger/better things!

@mama2be11_4_11 I <3 it!

@brendalou I agree with you @bentleysmommy (and her attitudes about and committment to parenting, plus the research she's done/conclusions she's derrived) reminds me of my friends & myself who were/are all in our late 20s, early 30s when we started making babies (if that means anything...)
  • Thank you! I'm glad that people give me recognition for my role as a mom, not my age.
  • edited September 2011
    @bentleysmommy sorry to keep bringing up your age. I guess you just amaze me because I dont think I would have been the mom I am at 29 when I was 19...but I was a crazy 19 yo...lol
  • @Math_Mommy it's fine, but I'm 17 :)
  • @bentleysmommy I wasn't sure but, back to the blog. I'm sure most of pregly would subscribe. Add facebook friends and you've got yourself a decent following. Then you could start sending out select excerpts to magazines and parenting websites... I really think you could have a freelance writing career in your future (bonus: make $$$ while having ample time with Bentley!)
  • That's awesome. When you find out any info, let me know! And in case pregly gets shut down, message me your number and I'll give you mine too