my 2yr old is gonna hurt my son..

edited September 2011 in Parenting
I don't know what to do anymore... My daughter is 2 and very jealous. If I turn my head for a second she is being mean to our 5 week old son. I'm scared I can't walk away at all. I was throwing laundry in and I come back to her jump in his crib while he was laying in it. I always put him on there so she can't get to him if I have to walk away. I've tried everything she has mastered child locks she doesn't care if she gets a time out or a spanking. She gets plenty of attention but she is still so mean. Please ladies and help / advice will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• I don't have advice but I'm scared of the same thing :( my boys will be 18months apart. If you get some good feed back please tag me!
  • edited September 2011
    Just keep on her about 'gentle/soft touch ' get her a baby doll and have her help with bringing his bottle or diaper too. I don't have but a 4 month old right now. But my niece was 2 when her brother was born. We would all have to keep an eye on her because she thought he was a toy and was super rough on/around him too. and would try to carry him off to places by holding just hos head! (Becuz he was too heavy for her) so it was pretty scary sometimes! She finally got the 'dont be mean' around 3-4 months so don't give up
  • I'm sorry you will have to whip here hard enough to make her listen but you need to point to the baby to his crib and tell her no when I said whip her pope her twice on her thighs where she would feel it not on her but cuz she wheres pull ups where she wouldn't hardly feel it.

its a difference between abuse and discipline!!
  • If you think its a jealousy thing, give her a job to do that will be just hers.. she probably wants to help with the baby. Also try and make a Time each day where you spend alone time with her and DONT bring up the baby..maybe that can be bath time, or story time but make it ALL ABOUT HER! That should help with the jealousy too.
  • Omg she grabbed him by his head twice that's when I started putting him in the crib if I had to walk away. She is very smart she speaks full sentances and has a vocabulary like w dictionary however she will literally turn away from me and ignore my every word. She is the most stubborn 2 yr old :) she knows about being gentle but she just ignores me when I try and ask her to do something she doesn't want to do
  • Here is a tip with the ignoring when you ask her to do something..
    Stop asking.
    tell her to do it. I know it sounds simple but I had to do it with my daughter.
    instead of saying
    "Will you please put your bowl in the sink?"
    say
    "You need to please put your bowl in the sink."
    alot of people stress the "I" statements like saying
    "I would like it if you would please put your bowl in the sink."

It worked wonders when my daughter was younger, because like yours she was very smart and understood those statements.
    now she is almost 5 and now I ask her to do things occasionaly but there is no fight because she knows what to expect.
  • I would also try just going to the park with her every so often without the baby. I think my SIL did that and my in laws would also babysit her from time to time and give.her a lot of attention
  • yea my daughter did that to other babies but I put an end to that real quick cuz she knew better it only takes a split second to cause harm. when I been a couple mths my brother stuck a damn uncotton q-tip in my ear it busted my ear drum now I'm partially deaf
  • @garagebandfan we have special mommy time and daddy time!! We usually do an art project or snuggle up and watch a movie together. We also read a story every night...

@havingnumber4 I have tapped those thighs! She is relentless!! The one thing she hates most is standing in the corner I'm afraid ill have to pack her a bag because she keeps going there lol
  • yea try to give her some time as well woth you dont want her to be jealous. my brother hates me to this damn day who knows y the damn boy dragged me out in the cold and left me out there tried to drown me and then some shit I should hate him
  • Thank you everyone I feel desperate. I am taking her Monday to a school to see what it'd like and meet the teachers. She is very excited. She is gonna go 2 times a week for 4 hours hopefully having some kids her age to play with will help. We just moved to Maryland this year and we have no family and so far only a couple friends 1 with a child so I'm sure she will be happy to play with kids her age
  • @havingnumber4 that is crazy my sister hated my brother too she was the oldest and he is the middle child
  • edited September 2011
    @pnsw524 some good advice!!
  • lmao shesounds like my daughter put her in time out and play her favorite movie and get something she likes to eat and you sit down and eat it making sounds to attract her attention and when she keep turning around tell her no if you didn't do wat you did then you won't be in the corner
  • I know right I told my mama I'm moving out asap and I did to
  • Lol that sounds cruel but would probably work torture :)