whats going on? i think i missed something?

edited September 2011 in About App & Forum
Anyways I see a lot of people are upset and can't get advice anymore, well I'm just letting you all know I'm still here and I'm here to give advice, listen to vents or just have fun. I'm a mommy of two girls one us 11yrs and the other is 4mo. So please if you have questions hit me up :)

Comments

• I as well. I'm trying to sift through all of these posts to find questions.
  • @erialynnsmommy yea I try to answer but I figured this is easier that way they can come to me personally and if its personal they can email so they don't get judgment of any sort.
  • I'm here too to offer advice! :D anything breastfeeding as an LC and birth as a midwife but am limited with that :) I am ok with texting/emailing just inbox me :)
  • @Bahamamama4828 I just had my son 9/8/11 and I have been breastfeeding the whole time. I hate it. My fiance wanted me to do it to save money and because its good for our son. Do you know of anyway I can secretly dry up my milk kinda like a non obvious home remedy? I don't want to do this anymore but i don't want to disappoint my fiance either so if my milk were to miraculously dry up everyone would win! :)
  • @chels I would start pumping less and don't pump it all and skip lots of sessions.
  • @chels you could eat food that affect tje taste of your milk like broccoli or chocolate...but that might give baby gas, no good. My son weaned himself when I got preggo again. I guess preggo hormones make milk taste bad...so you could get pregnant!?!

Wow, my advice sucks after 2 am!!

Seriously, can you have a heart-to-heart with your fiance and tell him you dont like it...you could also mention that bfing hormones reduce a womans libido (its true)!
  • @chels yes what @proudmama said. Pump less and less and don't stimulate your breasts. Use cabbage leaves in your bra too. It takes a little while for some to dry up.
  • err @proudmomma lol. foods like mint can lessen supply as well
  • @chels I wish you luck. Just tell him that you did it for a bit amd now you want to stop. I honestly would not pump unless he's home then only pump a few drops. He can't tell if you have a great supply.
  • @chels I stopped today too .. did it for 2weeks.. so over it!! got cabbage leaves in my bra as we speak :) n havent pumped all day!!
  • Im confused as well... I dnt come on here much... so I dnt see any drama... thank god!! I just see forums abt it and stuff... how is pregly not thee same???
  • @mishat07 i think cause some people arent on here but im here to help and get help lol so i dont pay attention
  • Ohh ok!!! Well im glad im not a part of that... igot my pregly and I come to it when I need help
  • @chels I had my son on 9/8/11 too! I'm also in the same boat as you when it comes to breast feeding. My bf doesn't want me to give up cuz its cheaper and healthier for the baby. So idk. I'm trying not to give up just yet but its really hard.
  • @jerricab I kinda gave up. I stopped pumping for the past couple days and have just been giving him similac...my fiance says I'm being selfish. But too bad. I tried pumping today and I barely got a half of an ounce from both so is say my boobs are broken! If you don't want too do it anymore then don't your not being selfish because its your body. :)
  • Formula isn't selfish. My daughter has been on strictly formula for over 3 mo and is in the 98% in everything and has never been sick that I have noticed. So anyone who is stopping breast feeding don't feel bad besides you gotta quit eventually lol
  • I bf my chunky monky the first week. She refused bf. Shes on similac and is a healthy 16.8 big girl. As u can see on prof... IM BLESSED! Either way their still gettn fed!
  • @ Betty she's cute. How old? My baby is 5 mo and about 20lbs. The pic is old:(