BFing and weed

edited September 2011 in Breastfeeding
Ever heard of anyone doing that? I haven't.

Comments

• Idk..I suppose it'd be the same as alcohol.
  • Are u asking about smoking weed effecting a persons breastmilk? I would imagine its Just like anything else like loveourlittleone said.
  • Yea thc goes in ur system its a chance I wouldn't risk it
  • Are you asking if people smoke and breastfeed? Or if it is safe, or if they have done 'research'?
  • edited September 2011
    Drinking while breastfeeding can cause a type of fetal alcohol syndrome it iS much worse than smoking weed. That being said smoking weed while breastfeeding is not OK. One of the issues is that it is linked to autoimmune disorders. My mom smoked with me my sister and brother and we all suffer autoimmune issues. Its one of the reasons I lost my first two children and why I am in the hospital now with this baby
  • I think *don't quote me on this* if I remember reading something correctly it can be linked to add/adhd but not proven. My mom smoked pregnant with my brothers and I and even breast fed and smoked and we are all fine. However we are all add/adhd.... its your call but I wouldn't. You never what could happen just because one person is fine the next won't be. Also with weed now days its never just weed its either got some chemical in it to make it grow faster or whatever or it could be laced with something.
  • No its not a good idea too. The breast make a easy spot for thc to be stored. So its best to wait to smoke until your done breastfeeding
  • i dont think its that big of a deal to be honest. my mom smoked while preg with me and my bro and breastfed and smoked with both of us and we are both fine
  • Thats a bad idea .......if you are going to smoke then formula feed your baby.
  • Just an all around bad idea.
  • If you can afford weed, you can afford formula, just saying...