How are you ladies getting to the hospital?

edited September 2011 in Labor
I am planning on taking myself *fingerscrossed* I live 2hours away from bf and both families. I am finishing up school. So I plan on driving myself, what's your planor what did you do?

Comments

• I'm sure my man will drive me. Actually I haven't thought about it until you mentioned it
  • My husband will be in the field around my due date so either drive myself, or call an ambulance :/
  • Depending on if my son comes before my induction date my bf will be driving unless he's at work. I'm only 10-15 min from hospital
  • My husband will take me unless he is on a call then my dad probably will.
  • My hubby will be driving me, if he freaks out bad then our doula lol
  • My hubby will but he works all over the place so I'm hoping I go to labor at night or on the weekend (wishful thinking). If he's too far I'll call my mom.
  • Probably myself. Bf lives 45 minutes away...idk if he will b with me.or not n I'm.not gna beg him. He knows its getting close.
  • Hubby, best friend (Or her hubby), or ambulance.... But Im going to try to early labor at home since im 20 min from hospital and I cant be induced... So one of them should be around by the time I have to go...
  • @_kaykes @Kelseyjo are You ladies nervous driving yourself my hospital is like 15-20 away and I'm scared LOL!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Definitly! Im only like 8 mins from mine but gettin on military post can be a process sometimes lol i freak myself thinking im gonna be sitting in broken water panicing or not making it in time! Ha
  • @ashleyfew was it hard to concentrate on the road?
  • @mybabe I'm scared as hell! I already can't sneeze and drive now I have to drive while contracting!? I'm driving with my hazards on lol
  • My love lol & the hospital is like 10 mins away
  • I'm assuming my hubby or my mom will take me. I have to get my 5 yo to my mom's so it just depends on whether he's at work or not.

If you have to drive yourself, I'd probably leave before the contractions get too unbearable if you can! Good luck!
  • my bf or whoever i can call because i don't drive period. lol hospital is close by about 15 minutes away
  • @_kaykes we're on the same page cause I'm using my hazard lights as well!!! @laura536 thank you I know I'm going to need it!!!
  • My fiance. Unless he's at work & its so much of an emergency where I wouldn't be able to wait the 10 minutes for him to get home, then I would have my mom or dad take me.
  • Why wont you have a ride? Maybe call ambulance before hitch hiking!!! @tricesbaby
  • Probably my husband or family...I'm sure somebody will be around.
  • My sister will be taking me. She lives two minutes from me and we live about 40 minutes from the hospital. I couldn't imagine driving myself while having contractions every 3 to 4 minutes. At least that's how far apart they were when she drove me when I had my first child. The contractions weren't even that bad. They were just annoying which to me was kind of like getting a tattoo. I wouldn't be able to concentrate on driving but that's just me. Well for all you ladies that do drive yourselves, be careful!
  • my hubby will have too. Especially if I go into labor before induction date. We have the only working car.
  • My husband drove me.. he was so excited he missed the turn, and what should have been a 5 minute ride turned into 15.
  • My parents .. I'm pretty sure my boyfriends mom will have his car that day..
  • @sophiasmom11 Congrats keep me posted on your. Big day! @tricesbaby oh LOL I think my motherly instincts kicked in cause I was really worried for a minute!!!
  • I was thinking about this myself. Since for the most part I'm home alone during the day. I was thinking of calling a cab or maybe driving myself if I'm home alone at the time. If my dad's here (he won't be in town until october 3rd and i'm due on the 6th) he'll drive and my mom will be in the car but if its just my mom then she'll drive. it just depends on when I go into labor I guess