Is it normal to have these feelings?

edited September 2011 in Teen moms
Okay, so I'm 19 and got pregnant when I was 18. I'm due january 1st and I'm 26 weeks pregnant. For a while now, I've had this feeling of being a failure. We moved to NC a year ago because my husband joined the AF. I had a job at home, but wasnt able to get one when I was here. I applied to some places but nothing worked out. I put of school for a semester so I would be able to move with my husband, and then went earlier this year for spring semseter. I didnt go to school for summer or fall because they didnt have the classes that I needed.

I just feel like I'm letting my husband and my son down... I mean, I dont even know what I want my career to be, and I dont know how I'm going to be able to go to college with a new baby... My husband will be deploying next year and I just dont know what to do... I feel like I should be working so that way we have more money and will be able to comfortable afford everything that my son will need. I mean even right now we live paycheck to paycheck... I'm just super depressed. Dont get me wrong, I love my son and I love that I'm pregnant. Honestly, right now, hes probably the only reason that I want to wake up in the morning.. Just to feel his kicks and twists and turns... Other than my son, nothing makes me happy and I'm just utterly miserable. Anyone have similar feelings or going through the same thing?

On top of that, I feel like an awful wife because between pregnancy symptons and depression I just dont give a crap about the way our house looks or if laundry gets done.. I find it all kinda pointless because I dont know how it will make me feel better... I also feel bad about my body... Im 223 pounds and I have millions of strechmarks all over my body... I've never felt so lowly in my entire life... My husband works 12 hours a day to being home a paycheck... He doesnt like his job because its an extremely stressful environment... and instead of helping him I feel like I'm just drowning both of us in my self pity :(

Comments

• Awwww. Hunny things will get better.. do u talk to hubby about the way that u feel? I was really depressed in the beginning of my pregnancy and talking to hubby helped
  • Im Sorry hun. I can kinda relate. It might make u feel better to do some house work and your hubby feel better When he comes home from a stessful day to a clean home. I know that works for my hubby and I. Also hormones can be raging during pregnancy so maybe That's part of What's going on. Maybe see if u can start going to some counseling and talk some of these things out?
  • @2ndbutfirst Yeah... Alot of my friends have 2 years of college done... One has 3 jobs and is in school.... I guess I'm just to hard on myself.. I know I'm blessed and lucky as hell to have what I have, but I worry so much about everything else!!! Thanks for the advice, I really need to start thinking positive... I guess thats the first step lol
  • @mommy2b1111 I do talk to him alot... But I feel like he thinks that he has to downsize his stress to prevent me from stressing about him.. If that makes sense. He really helps me alot, but I just feel like I keep taking and dont give anything back! I think hes sick of my negativity :(

@314babymama1120 I've been trying to clean the house for 3 days... I start in the kitchen.. then I just feel overwhelmed and feel like its all pointless... I just start crying and give up... I do atleast make dinner and pack his lunches though... So he doesnt starve atleast lol
  • It sounds like you are really depressed hun. You should tell your Dr about how your feeling.
  • @314babymama1120 you dont just think its stress and hormones? :(
  • Honey the only thing you can do.is your best. Take one thing and one day at a time.
  • @kayleigh27 thank you :) Ill try and remember that... I feel like theres a staircase and instead of taking the steps, I keep trying to jump all of them and fall on my face lol :)
  • My mom always told me that when I was pregnant and was working and trying to stay 'a float' with my stresses. Bot my husband and I are active duty.AF so that was tough on us with working two totally different shifts. My mom always said that.and told me that get what I can and work on the other stuff another time.
  • Where are you at in NC? I just had a high school friend (who is 18) move to NC with her husband because he is in the Marines.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I dont' work or go to school either. I'm 21. Got married at 20, moved 2 hours away from my family, put off school, and ended up getting pregnant 30 days after getting married. My husband is wonderful but sometimes I feel like you do when I look around and think.. wow all I do with my life is sit on the couch. I know its hard, but when these little babies get here, we will have a purpose. Keep your head up dear. :)
  • Get help! They should have a prenatal counselor on site and talk to your hubby. Pregnancy is stressful and so is pending deployment. Talking to someone is important and something you should really consider...
  • I am by no means in any position to judge what it is or isn't. I Just think Its worth talking to ur Dr about.
  • @Nova my husband understands too! I dont know what I would do if he had negative feelings about where I'm at! :) I feel glad I'm not the only one whos like this lol I hope we both get out of these ruts soon!

@1stwoodsbaby I like in Goldsboro, about an hour east of raleigh! Thank you! I try and think about my son and how in 3 months Ill be the most important person to him! Thanks for the support and advice :)

@lilbit01_209 @314babymama1120 I have a trip home in a few weeks. Ill see if it helps push me out of this rut. If not, then Ill talk to my doctor as soon as I get back! Thanks for listening and for offering advice!
  • @nova my trip home is on the 23rd! Let me know if your trip helps you :) I'm usually all happy, hyper and annoying but now I'm just "eh" at home. So I know what you mean :)
  • @Nova Thank you!!! :) I sleep alot too... like 12 hours... then I watch tv and cuddle with my hubby... So yeah haha