Its a Boy!! Update photo!

edited October 2011 in Giving birth
Isaac Misha was born at 12:21 pm after 9 hours of labor.
7.6 pounds, 20 inches.
Due date was October 3rd totally didn't make it lol
Labored at home for 8 hours, went to the hospital where I had my lil boy an hour later. All natural birth (yes I will do it again)
More details and pictures later. I'm going to go rest and snuggle my son

Comments

• Con-grates......
  • Congrats hun, sounds perfect! (*)
  • congratulations!
  • Woo! Yay for baby being born!!
  • Congrats!!!!
  • Yay congratulations. :)
  • Congrats!!! Can't wait to.hear about your natural birth that's what I want to do
  • Yahoo! Congrats! Another natural birth! :D
  • you go girl i want to do a natural birth as well congradulations on your little boy keep us updated and tell your story
  • Yes please with your story! Give some of these mamas some encouragement on handling a natural labor.;)
  • Awwww Yaya congrats !!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2011
    Great job momma! Love successful natural labor stories!
  • @Roxy @2ndbutfirst @littlenat86 @nameless @myHEARTZx3 @Alwayzbeenurz2008 @Yeseniadiaz59 @sara102011 @momof22be @Samantha @Mybabe @Bahamamama4828 @Mommysierra @MommyLovesSparkle @TricesBaby @mom2be @preggointx @Adri805

Whoa lots of people to tag. Thank you ladies!
    Here is my birth story (pictures still to come later)

Note my labor was fast!

Well, it all started on Wednesday at 3:30ish in the morning. I woke up for one of my nightly bathroom runs only this time was different. I had my bloody show and almost right away contractions started. They were between Five and three minutes each lasting 60 seconds. They just felt like really bad menstral cramps. The cramp would start, peak, then fade. I went back to bed and laid there for about an hour. During that time the contractions grew stronger. I decided to take a shower (needed to shave my legs lol) to see if it would help relax me, and get the contractions to go to where I could time them.
    The shower helped with getting my contractions to stay 3 minutes apart.
    By now its five in the morning and as I'm getting out of the shower I get this contraction followed by a gush of fluid. This time my water had really broken. It wasn't a big gush, I thought I was had peed on the floor though lol.
    After that the contractions went up a notch in strength.
    I was no longer able to do anything when having one and decided now was the time to call my doula and give her the heads up that I was in labor. We talked for a bit, during which I had a few contractions, and with each contraction I would get a gush of fluid.
    I decide to continue a bit on my own, I chilled on my birthing ball or walked until about 6 in the morning.
    At 6 I went back to bed, and tried to get some rest. I dozed in between contractions until my husband woke up at 7.
    Lol when I told him I was in labor he was like a five year old at Christmas.
    From 7 to 8:40 he helped me with my contractions by rubbing my lower back and putting pressure on it, or holding me as I breathed through them.
    Unfortionatly he had a Drs appointment that I wouldn't let him skip, he is a sever asthmatic and he had run out of medication before his next appointment and the last thing I wanted was for him to have breathing issues while I was in labor.
    He was gone for an hour where I labored some down stairs before going back to bed to relax and lay on my left side.
    By now the contractions are still 3 minutes apart but are picking up in strength. I managed to go into a state of relaxation, where I breathed through them, and dozed off in between.
    When hubby got home is when things spead foreword at warp speed.
    I get up out of bed, having decided to take another hot shower and I got one major contraction with a huge gush of water. After that the contractions sped up to 2 minutes apart and were getting hard to breath through.
    Hubby helped me into the shower and while in there my contractions moved to 1 minute apart and I begin to feel pushy.
    Hubby called my doula to head over, my doula called a midwife she.knew just in case it looked like I wasn't going to make it to the hospital lol.
    I stayed in the shower for almost an hour. It felt to good I didn't want to get out. When ever I had a contraction I would go into a squat with the hot water running down my back. That really helped.
    When I get out my hubby helped me get dressed and helped me down the stairs where I. Get hit by three contractions in a row that caused me to throw up and I actually felt my body bearing down/pushing.
    By then my doula arrived and she helped me through three more contractions.
    After that she helped me into the car and hubby drove with her following to the hospital. .... car drive from hell... thank god it was only 8 maybe 10 minutes away lol
    We get to the hospital and I check in, my contractions have slowed back down and don't feel as intense until I get to my room
    I went to use the bathroom before getting into the bed and that got the contractions to kick back up in intensity.
    They hook me up to the moniters and I'm laying on my left side struggling with trying to relax through the contractions. I start to feel pushy again and the nurse checks to see where I am at.
    I'm 5 cm dilated but she said something about my cervix being very loose, soft and stretchy but another contraction hit and I was again wanting to push and everyone is telling me not to so I'm pretty much stuch on my left side gripping the bar for life lol, trying to breath and relax and not do what I felt my body was wanting to do.
    I managed to keep from pushing through five or six contractions when suddenly I get hit with a hard one followed by a burning sensation.
    I rolled from my side to my back announcing that I feel burning and I'm pushing lol.
    The nurse quickly checks me and the next thing I know I have three other nurses in my room and there all call my dr at the same time hahahha.
    My dr barely made it into the room, I had begun pushing without her lol she chilled on the bed and let me do my thing.
    It didn't take much to push his head out, but then his shoulders got stuck because his arm was at an odd angle. So it took a bit more work and a little twist from my dr to get his shoulders out.
    Once out he went straight to my chest, omg he was/is breath taking, we delayed cutting the cord, which every nurse has comment on how wonderful he has done because of that. He turned the perfect pink color almost instantly minuse his head which was blue and bruised because he came out so fast. But you couldn't tell now.
    I kept him on my chest for a full hour where he began to breastfeed during his first half hour of life.
    I was in the hospital for an hour before having my baby lol.
    If I had stayed home he would have been born sooner. I plan on having a home birth next time lol

Going natural was hard, and I wish my labor wasn't so fast because it was so hard to adjust to the contractions and how fast they grew in intesity. I did cuss once while pushing ... everyone laughed lol his head came out and so did a loud F bomb hahhaha but I felt that I needed a
    release.
    Even though it was hard and painful I wouldn't change it for the world. I felt amazing after, I had no tears, and so far low bleeding.

The key for me was relaxing, I did best laying on my left side, or in the shower and squating during the contractions.
    For those wanting a natural birth don't fight your body work with it, find out what works and helps you. Moving, changing positions, and breathing. Also having great birthing partners helped a lot.

I typed all of this by phone lol so some details are missing if you have any other questions please feel free to ask :)

• Oh wow congrats :) how amazinggg it kinda scared me a bit when you said you started pushing I don't know why ? Lol did you progress to 10 cm or push him out at 5cm?
  • congrats mama perfect labor .
  • @MommyLovesSparkle I progressed to 10. They think I was an 8 or 9 at home and the.car ride caused me to go.back to a five where I then shot up to a 10 once laying back down
  • Congrats!! Great job momma! I went natural (a water birth) and my labor was pretty fast also. Contractions started at 3 minutes apart for me. I too would do it again, no doubt.
  • Awesome great details Congrats on your baby boy!!! I hope I can do natural too!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats!!!!!! :) I'm.so happy for u. I hope my labor goes as smooth as urs!! Can't wait to c.pics .of ur little man
  • Oh Okay wow congrats :)
  • That is so awesome!!!! Glad to hear u got it the way it should be! :D
  • o i am hoping that my labor goes like that quick and relatively easy congrats on the natural and jesus thats long for typing on your phone lol enjoy your little boy and dont forget we all want to see the little man
  • i'm so happy for you!
  • aww congrats and u are strong with my first I tried doing natural but didn't work out maybe ill try with this one ...