Every mom should know about this and what to do...

Breath Holding Spells
I had never heard about this, until I came across this today. Just wanted to share incase any mom on here hadn't heard of it either. The Video tells you what to do incase this happens to your baby, very scary, but everyone should know how to handle it!

Comments

• Don't see anything.
  • That's very scary it happened a few times with my little sister. My parents tried everything.. blowing in her face didn't help but they threw her up in the air (not high at all) and caught her and she got her breath back.
  • both my sisters kids and my sister did that when she was little! it was really scary they would cry till they turned blue and passed out. i didn't like having to watch them lol
  • Can't see the video
  • My son does it but i knew what to expect bc i did it when i was a baby. He hasnt turned blue yet but i did it all the time till i passed out. They sprinkled water in my face
  • edited September 2011
    @yaya @erikamrscollins here's a link you can copy and paste of you still can't see the video. Ugh, why does it keep doing that! i just wanna put the link but it keeps turning it into the video. Can you see it now?

@baybee1aug10 I've never heard of it or seen it on anyone. It seems so scary! So the water worked?

@mommylovessparkle wow, I would be terrified! So that worked for your parents throwing her in the air?

@myheartzx3 I wouldn't like having to watch them either! I would be on eggshells the whole time!

To all of you....did it ever get bad to where you had to call 911 or go to the hospital. Or does it just resolve itself...and they always get their breath back?
  • Still can't see it... :-(
  • edited September 2011
    @yaya @314babymama1120
    http://www.youtube.com/user/megandleila#p/u

okay here is the mom's page who made the video. Go to the right side where all her videos are, and under the upload videos, theres 46 videos. Click see all, and its the 4th video, called Breath holding spells vlog.
  • Yeah that's the only thing that worked and its definite that it would work too , its really scary when it happens too I think my sister did it about twice.
  • Yea the water worked. I did it alot thou, up until after i was walking good. My mom rushed me to the dr the first time and he laughed at her bc he said ita perfectly normal thing, alot of babies do it. The biggest issue was her staying calm bc otherwise that would've probably worsened the situation
  • I allways wished my toddler would have been a breath holder rather then a rager when he has his meltdowns. Breathers may pass out but its impossible to hurt themselves ragers on the other hand. . . But my little boy has an evil temper. Its getting better with work thankfully