Omg I've lost my dang mind!!

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
Wth is wrong with me??? I'm sicker than a dog, horrible cold, have no energy, can barely breath.... and Im cleaning and setting up baby stuff... I set up my crib today by myself, the only problem is its missing all the screws that hold the 4 parts of the frame together, so naturally I used 3 rolls of duct tape and some thick ribbons, I can sit in the crib at 213 lbs and it doesn't move, yes I tried it LOL. But now Im cleaning house and doing all this stuff... and I have no idea how Im able to do any of this right now. This is the 4th time I have involuntarily started cleaning and setting stuff up... but with 7 days before Adrian gets here, and being sick.... I feel like I should be sleeping. But I literally feel like I dont have a choice... I NEED to clean. :( god I hate nesting sometimes... love the results hate the process

Comments

• edited October 2011
    So...u duct taped ur crib together....an then sat in it?
    Lmao ur the cutest thing!
    Hope u get to feeln betr. Ecspecially bein due so soon.
    Just dnt over exert urself an make sure u stil do wat u need to, to take care of urself an get urself feeln betr :)
  • Im battling a cold myself feeling HORRIBLE! And still cleaning and putting stuff together! I feel your pain mama...feel better.
  • I feel the same way today! I cant do anything today.:'(
  • @breewashington08 :D hehehe yeah... Im actually surprised it held me lol!!! I even wiggled around in it just to be sure, then added another layer of duct tape to it! Its def secure, looks really lame but heyyyyy what ever works!! Im def over doing the cleaning right now, but I just feel like I HAVE to do this. Like there are no other options, like clean or die. I hate it so much lol!!! Im taking short breaks in between rooms, but good god. I must be crazy.

@mybambina28 hope you feel better too mama!! I hate being sick.... esp being sick and feeling like there is to much to be done to be sick.
  • Get some rest. Sick baby is no fun lol. Especially a new born. I was sick last week went home from work went to bed woke up and cleaned lol. Then went back to bed. Now I have no energy to do anything and I feel like I have a ton to do. But in the midst of nesting don't forget to take care of yourself. :)
  • Lmao too funny
  • im not sick but ive been nesting like crazy lately i have 3wks till my due date and i want everything done.. but then i leave no time to rest.. ugh.. i feel you girl.. but you really should try and get some sleep its the best thing to get over being sick and you want to be perfectly healthy when baby comes..
  • I got sick right before jasmine came too I'm so sorry mama! U should take a long bath so u can sleep tonight
  • Im down for a looonnnngg bath. I almost have the whole house cleaned, dishes done, need to dust and vacume. I took a 2 hour long nap, then instantly woke up and started cleaning again. Im a dumb ass and moved a bunch of heavy shit to make my living room less cluttered... gonna regret that one big time. but I feel like its a clean or die kinda deal... idk why but its whatever. once I get the living room a bit more picked up and vaccumed, Im totally down to take a bath and another nap! ^o^ I feel so accomplised tho! I love that feeling
  • lol Ive been using my monkey toes to pick up anything off the floor so I dont have to bend over :D hahahaha Im so awesome like that
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sweetie? Take your butt to Home Depot. You can get screws there.
  • Or Lowes. We were missing screws and dowels for our crib as well and got them from Lowes for cheap.
  • The nearest lowes is about 3 hours away, nearest home depot is about an hour and a half! I will get some next time I go into town tho!! Im not really liking the whole duct tape idea, but it totally works for the time being... basically for the next week. I just really really really felt the need to set the crib up :D