Natural birth, medicated labor

edited October 2011 in October 2011
So I had my baby yesterday, I went threw the entire labor with an epidural, but when it came time to push, the epidural wore off! So I felt EVERYTHING but it was fairly bearable, I would do it again. I had a 15 hour labor with 3 hours of pushing, so ladies, I really recommend if you have a really long labor like I did get the epidural, but turn it off about 30 minutes to an hour before you push if you want a more natural birth but can't take the contractions! its hell up till the head comes out then once you got the body started.... Omg its the hugest sigh of relief of a life time.

Comments

• Congrats!! That's good idea, I hope to go 100% natural all thru labour tho!!
  • How is baby doing?
  • @314babymama1120 he its doing amazing! He has a great latch, very responsive and alert. Hardly cries, eats like a man lol! His cone head is going to normal really quickly. Poos pukes and pee s like he is suppose to. Smiles all the time. He is beyond beautiful. He is prefect in every way :)
  • Congrats. :) when do you get to go home? I can't wait till my little man is here. I am getting so.anxious and this false labor sucks. Grrrr lol.
  • @samantha hopefully tomorrow! Omg he snores <3 I just found this out about 10 seconds ago lol! I'm excited for you! Os gonna happen before you know it, and its magic :')
  • Lol awe I bet his snoring is cute. Its not loud and obnoxious lol. I've been contracting since Monday morning and just when I think ok this might be it if they just get a little closer together then they stop! So frustrating! Are you nervous about bringing him home? I'm nervous and he is not even here yet lol.
  • That's awesome hun! So happy to hear momma and baby are doing so well!
  • yay congrats! @samantha it could be worse, you could be like me, at 38+4 and have never felt a contraction nor have I dialate lol I would give anything to be in your shoes, but I bet it is frustrating
  • @samantha been there! Its horrid! But its just practicing for the big show! :)
  • I had my daughter all natural and pushing felt soooo relieving.