How does this sound? *loooonnng complaint*

edited October 2011 in Food
I was livid earlier with the poor service I got at Wendy's so I am sending an e-mail to their customer feedback center. This is not the first time I have left there dissatisfied and I've had enough.

My e-mail:

To whom it may concern:

This message unfortunately is a complaint on behalf of my most recent visit to Wendy's located in Starkville, MS on 10/4/011 around 12:35-12:45 p.m. I wish I was more accurate with the time but we were not issued a receipt for our purchase.

My husband and I went inside for lunch. We each had the recent promotional coupon that was sent to my e-mail. It was for a free Dave's Hot N' Juicy Single with the purchase of small fries and a small drink.
I approached the counter where I was not greeted by the cashier, named Katia. I said "Hi, I would like to use this." And I presented her with my coupon and she did not say anything, she called her manager and asked if their store was participating in the promotion. The manager saw me and did not greet me as well instead she just shook her head and Katia returned her attention to me and said "We aren't doing those" in a very rude, unpleasant tone. I turned to my husband and asked if he still wanted to eat there and he said it was fine so I proceeded to order an alternative.
After I placed my order, I turned to my husband and said "I think I will unsubscribe from the Wendy's promotions and newsletters in my e-mails, since I am not getting use out of it." I had said nothing more to Katia other than my order and she butts into my conversation with my husband and says "They not gonna take it in Columbus or West Point either, cause those locations are managed by the same person" She again was rude and unpleasant with her tone, not only that I was not upset about the coupon I understand it does say PARTICIPATING locations, which means not ALL locations are involved in the promotion. I became upset after her comment because the coupon really is not important enough for us to go to another location 25+ miles to use, and her attitude just stunk to say the least. My husband said "No that is fine, the coupon is not that important.We are fine with ordering something else," which was true because I had already placed my order.
I had had enough of her attitude, she was just very apathetic about her job, unpleasant, and overall just seemed to not care if we were happy customers or not so at that point I told her to cancel my order and if my husband still wants his that's fine but I refuse to spend any money here for this level of service and courtesy.
The manager was in the vicinity for the most of the encounter but she was busy assisting her other employees but when I did manage to get her attention. I asked her what is the problem with her employee. I told her Katia's attitude needed adjusting because I too work in the public sector and I know what is acceptable and what is not. I explained what had just happened and I got no apology from either one of them, the manager actually seemed to shrug my concern off.
That visit was the LEAST of what I expected, I was highly disappointed. If someone were to ask me if I would return to that Wendy's my answer would be a definite no.

How does it sound ladies? I gave them my contact info as well but of course I am not posting it on here.

Comments

• Sounds good.
  • @emy
    Thanks. I was wondering if I was being a drama queen...then again you don't mess with a preggo lady and her food.
  • Sounds good to me as well. Maybe throw in another paragraph about how your pregnant and this experience was beyond dissatifying lol :)
  • I think it sounds good. I do a lot with customer service with my job also and will be the first to complain about customer service issues when I go places. I would definatly not put in that you are pregnant BC they may Interprete that as you being irrational or hormonal.
  • edited October 2011
    @usawife_21 I ran out of character space...I wanted to so bad. :p Then I thought they're just gonna think "okay another bitchy preggo" lol

@314babymama1120 riiggght. I work at Walgreen's and I am looking at mountains of coupons all day everyday. It doesn't bother me one bit. I take it in stride, serve the customer with a smile on my face. Some ppl who work retail, fast food, etc. don't realize the better they do their job the more fulfillment and self satisfaction it will bring them and encourage loyal customers to return.
  • I've complained to wendys through their website before and never got a response....I wouldn't hold ur breath to hear anything back from them. If u want to get something done I would look up their corporate number and call them.
  • I didn't think about the whole hormones thing... :) darnit!
  • I never feel bad about complaining about things like that prego or not. The economy sucks and you can pick anywhere to go. That chick should be happy you did go there because ur service gives her a job.
  • @Mama_luvs_her_girls Thank you.

@redhead25 Thanks for the tip. I looked that number up too but I didn't want to be put on hold today...I needed to at least vent and "get it all on paper" so to speak.
    I actually had to complain on that particular Wendy's before but it was like 2-3 years ago. I had gone to the drive-thru that visit. I sent a e-mail through that customer feedback section then and I heard back from some ppl over the district within a few days and got a $10 giftcard, so I hope I am just as lucky this time. However, if by Thursday I haven't gotten a response I will be calling.
  • @MattandMallory27 Exactly. I sure did contemplate whether I should even bother, this was right before my 2 p.m. class so I had time to blow off a little steam to make sure I wasn't overreacting. After I got outta class I still felt the same way, so I got to typing. If the manager had of made better effort, I might have been a little satisfied but she was obviously as nonchalant as the worker. :-|
  • They are going to send you free food cards! Well thats what mcdonalds did when I worked there. Try find the stores national store number