mucus plug? do NOT open if you have a weak stomach...

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
For the past few days I have been experiencing this chunky/slimy discharge when I wipe. I had an ob appointment today, they checked for dialation where I was still the 2-3cm I have been since 36weeks. Tonight I just passed this big chunk of slimy discharge with an obvious blood tinge. This is what it looks like:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IS THIS MY MUCUS PLUG?!

Comments

• Oh shit ewww thanks for the warning n yes that's it! Member it doesn't necessarily mean you're going in to labor soon...but if u do tag me lol
  • Hahaha I have no idea but I totally was interested and freakin love that u uploaded a pic! Too funny! -i should be a nurse bc I love thus stuff- GOOD LUCK! :-?
  • Yep thats it!!!
  • Yup! Doesnt mean labor right away but is a sign of dilating
  • @dra765, omg ew I want to puke lol. I never seen my plug in my past 3 pregnancies! & I know, but I'm 38weeks so I'm hoping it does! :)

@mrsrocketfield1221, well I had to upload a pic for opinions lol... I always expected it to be much different I guess?

@teemommie2, ew lol.

@littlefae, shh I'm hopeful! Lol. I was 2-3cm this afternoon, maybe this means I've dialated more?
  • Never been pregnant so I love learning... hey! Now you know & I have an idea too (even though we're just ttc) I love pregly Hahaha
  • Yep definantly
  • That might be just the begining of it... I have lost about 1/8 of a cup all together of stuff that look like that. Though mine doesnt look 'grainy' more like snot. I also lost one that was the size of a wine cork, brown-redish and clot like.... so it differs in appearance.
  • @mrsrocketfield1221, well we learn something new everyday :) & pregly is def my go to place for things like this haha... obvious reasons.

@mrz_jackson2anpreggo, yay!

@lilbit01_209, 1/8 cup? How long have you been losing yours? It probably keeps regenerating. I never expected there to be that chunk in my plug, I always imagined it to be more snotty but to each his own I guess. I have been passing little bits of the chunk thing for a few days now, I thought maybe I had an infection until I passed this big motherload.
  • Lucky ! I'm 36 wks an I'm not having no kind of discharge!!
  • Awesome! Now I know what to look for. Lol
  • YEp that's it I had mine come out on sat And still a little but still no labor..
  • Soo that's how it looks like...i never seen that before and I'm on baby number 3 lol
  • I didn't lose Mine, but that looks huge.
  • I lost the big cork sized chunk last thurs or friday and been losing bits and pieces since. Today has been gobs and gobs of straight stringy snot like bits. So in a week its been about the 1/8th cup if it was all added together.. I was 3cm yesterday (up from 2 last wed) and have had pretty hood contractions all day today while losing this stringy stuff....
  • *** Good not hood!!! Lol
  • Aww I cant c pic I wanted to c wat it looks like
  • Weird mine looked like clear snot..not that white chunky stuff ewww! Lol
  • Can I just say thank you for posting this picture I'm a ftm and had no idea what a mucus plug looked like. Anyone got any bloody show pics I'd like to know what to expect so I don't freak out and rush to the hospital ( I'm a tad paranoid)
  • I've been waiting for somebody to get the nerve to post a pic because I had no idea what it looked like!
  • Excuse my french but that shit is GROSS lol..i dropped my phone when it popped up! I would probably call 911 if that came outta me lmao smh i know,iknow lol
  • Thanks for the pic I've lost bits n pieces here and there but I'm glad you posted this in case I lose a big chunk. Labor dust