working in a bar while pregnant

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so before everyone jumps me about the dangers of 2nd hand smoke this is baby #4 for me so i am well aware!!! However i live in a very very small rural community and getting a different job is in no way an option. We cannot afford for me to quit just yet. I plan on working till i am around 5 months and then quitting. My problem is my mother is very religious. How do i explain to her i have no other option??? Its not ideal i know but we had not planned anymore babies.....god obviously had other plans :) i am gonna try to work more day shifts when there are less people in there. Either i quit and make her happy but us poor. Or i keep working and we keep our heads above water but she is furious at me. Lose lose situation.

Comments

• Id talk to her.. just be like mom, I understand what you're saying & I plan on finding another job before I quit the bar... I just don't want to quit without a plan & be stressing over money. So please just work with me a bit, & give me some time to organize schedules & what not.. (: that's what id say!
  • Thank u!!! I am just hoping im worrying to much and she will be ok with it. This is #4 for us and i am currently 5 weeks. We are hoping to hide it till may....altho i don't kno if that's possible. Im average to small size and already noticed a slight pooch today!!
  • Girl, please don't hide it.. I'm 17 weeks & just got the slight pooch recently. Haha dr says the baby is healthy & I'm just gonna small, but I want a cute belly (: When you talk to your mom, just think positive. I love my mom, but she is far from understanding lol so I kinda know the "uh oh" feeling you have!
  • 17 weeks and JUST got a pooch!!! Omg im jealous!! My " cute belly" phase lasts for about 1 week and then i turn into a hippo!! My last son was 9lbs 7oz and i was honestly the size of a small car!!! Haha
  • edited February 2011
    Someyears ago, I had a simular delemmna.Except I was a shot girl at a gentelmans club. Where they not only smoked cigerettes,but weed. And I actually had todrink the shots, and also couldnot findother employment that could afford my lifestyle. I had all of my shots made into juice and just sprayed them with alcohol as I got further and my corset didn't fit I had to work behind the bar as a bartender. Honestlybeing pregnant up'd my tips,and I worked up until 8months. My mother felt the same way,except she felt I was prostituting myself being in a strip club. But I knew what iwas there for, and I had to do what I needed to inorderto supposrt myself and growing family.the bar industry was the only one not severyly affected by the reccession. Keep that in mind. She may be disappointed, but she will never abandon you. Remember, This is just a stepping stone.
  • @cadymj27. You just made me feel soooo much better!!!!!! I think part of the reason i was scared to tell her was i feel guilty for putting myself there....however as u said i am doing what i need to do for my family!!! It is wonderful to know someone has been in my shoes. Thank u thank u!!! I am new to this site but can tell i am going to be addicted to it!!
  • I know how it feels, its a lot of pressure. I can't say ot will get easier,but it gets to its worst point if you hang in there. You will be delivered, and it cant do anything but get better. Be optomistic, attitude is everything.
  • I haven't gained any weight at all lol & I take my vitamins & eat healthy & often. The dr says I'll just be lucky & won't blow up until close to the end lol guess we'll see!