implanon...who's had this?

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Health
I'm looking at different bc for when I go to my 6week check-up. Would you recommend this? Does it have hormones? Did it make u gain weight? Overall, how was your experience on this..good/bad side effects? & how long does it last? Sry for so many questions. Thanks Preglys :D

Comments

• It's was good after the first week the hormones made me depressed and angry then after it made my bladder weak but other than it was good 1 period every 3-4 months and didn't gain but 10 lbs in a year from it lol it depends I wouldn't reccomend it if u have problems conceving but it lasts 3 years
  • Thanks for commenting :D @darknessofnight4u
  • @clope18 you must have been reading my mind lol I was coming to post the same question
  • Lol @CrumbledCookie I've been looking at different bc's. I wanted to get Mirena or Paraguard but I've heard nothing but bad things about them, so now I'm looking at other options b4 my 6week check-up :)
  • I have it, I like it so far. It does have hormones and it last 3 years. As for the weight thing I still weigh the same, but its only been a month so who knows.
  • Np :) if u need any more info let me know lol my phone sucks w typing lol
  • I hated it the whole time horrible mood swings angry all the time, and made my ovarian cyst worse. Oh did I mention no I mean no sex drive at all
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama0811 WOWW! I've been hearing lots of good things about Implanon from friends...but now I'm scared to try it after reading ur post.lol. why is bc so complicating! :/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got it n love it ,, I've only had it about a mnth lol but I haven't had no periods, no spotting, or any negatives... good luck
  • I had it and hated it. I could always feel it sticking outta my arm.
  • I'm getting it again me and the hubbie decided bc ill forget the pill and I can't do laytex
  • I've had the implananon implant twice. Both times, no problems. Once removed I conceived after 2 weeks with MJ and 4 weeks with Benji. Slight weight gain between MJ and Benji but not solely due to the implant. I would have got the implant again at my 6 week check had everything with Benji turned out better. Hope this helps ur decision..
  • I had it and loved it! No side effects and no real periods- a few days light bleeding every couple of months that's all! No weight gain, no mood swings and I got pregnant days after having it removed!! Def going bk on it!