So happy...

edited October 2011 in First time moms
Finally got my baby to finally latch on again ;) she had got used to the bottle & wouldnt take my breasts bc my nipple is small & short. So I was pumpin & my nipple got kinda big so I decided to give her my boobs instead of still pumpin & she was fussy at first but once she latched on it was a done deal lol :-D

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's great! :ar!
  • Yay! Congrats. Bf is such an amazing expirence. If Ur nipple is small Mayb try a shield an let her latch to that until she nurses long enough to draw Ur nipple out then put her directly on. That's what u do with my son :)
  • \:D/ I had the same set back. Keep it up. My daughter has been strictly on the boob for 2 full days now! You can do it!
  • woohoo.. go baby go!!! good job momma persistance pays off!! :)
  • @2beforgotten @blueberrysmom @breewashington08 @mrs4c thank u :) my hubby was watching tv in a different room while I thought I was gona pump I took a pix of her on my boob n he came running in the room lol

@breewashington08 I bought a nipple shield yesterday & they only had one size so I bought it 24mm & that crap was too big lol for her mouth so I gotta buy another one n she opened her mouth to that big nippld quick lol

@mrs4c I hope she will latch on for two days straight. She just both boobs :-D
  • @lae3 im excited :) & yes it does
  • Yay congrats! Ur hubby is funny lol
  • I finally got naliyah to latch on properly...its like these girl are so much alike lol
  • Congrats just a little advice I'm bf and I use tomee tepee bottles they r better for baby they r the closest thing to the breath so they won't get used go the bottle nipple I go both bf and pump and a little formula
  • Good :) I hope it works out for u! Yea ther is a size smaller than the 24mm I think its 20mm. Goodluck mama!
  • @bahamamama4828 thanks hun, lol I sent him the pic n it took seconds n he was in the room lol
  • @newmomma13 awe thas great doesnt it feel good? :)

@momof22be I do all three also but im using medela products. Ill have to try out the tomee tepee brand. Thanks for the advice :)

@breewashington yes when I checked on line @ babies r us there was 3 to 4 different sizes but I was at walgreens n they had only one size. Thank u girl :)
  • Yes it does...I had started giving her the bottle cause she was tearing up my nipples and they were small like flat but now she's getting the hang of it....now I just have to get her feeding amount down cause the wic people said 3oz was alot cause her stomach was only the size of about a ping pong ball
  • Same with me. My nipples are flat to n barely sticks out. I have my wic appt this thursday @newmomma13
  • I went today and she helped me out I'm so glad... I seen the pics you sent me she's so cute
  • No prob Hun I use madela too but then just pour it into the tomee tepee. :) let me know how it works. :)
  • R any of u having trouble getting enough milk? I am only getting about 1-1 1/2 oz every 3 hours and she will drain me and drink another 2oz of formula
  • thats great! i saw a smaller one on targets website, 20 mm i think. i have short nipples too so my kids had hard time latching and i gave up too fast.. but this time around i wanna try those shields out :)
  • I cried happy tears for an hour after her first successful latch after our set back! My husband gave her ten million kisses when she did. I was about to give up. My breast got so big when my milk came on my nipples nearly disappeared and sunk in looking like an inverted nipple. She wouldn't latch anymore. I resorted to opening a sample container of formula. Big mistake!!! She got so confused and once I had pumped my breast down in size so my nipple would poke out again, she refused. :( I continued to pump to keep my supply for the next 2 days. Then randomly I tried again! She latched perfectly on first try and stayed on!!:) I'll be praying your baby does the same and you can bf successfully!!!!
  • @newmomma13 im glad u like them. Did u see ur babys hospital pic yet??

@momof22be Im starting to get 2oz from each breast every time I pump but it used to be way less. I just drink alot of water n tea n eat alot of soup lol

@preggointx how r u? Hows ur son doing???

@myheartzx3 lol yess I saw the 20mm on line but not at the store I went to. Nyla is so picky. She latched on to both boobs last night got my right boob all itchy n then later that nite she act like she was too good for my boobs again lol dang.. When shes hungry she aint got time for me to rub my nipple on her lip. Poor thing. @mrs4c @breewashington08 @momof22be

@mrs4c awe, I hope ur baby stays taking ur breast. Nyla is stubborn :( ima try n give her my breast again later she gets so fussy.

Thank u ladies for ur response :)
  • Yea I did I need to order them we are getting the cd with all if them on it I'll probably order it thursday
  • I still havent seen nylas pic yet. They said the will have it post up in 24 hrs n its bern two weeks ughh @newmomma13
  • you should call them... the nursery didnt do them though they had some picture people that were like contracted with them take them
  • Its called our365 rite
  • We are great hows your baby girl I wish my baby would have latched
  • Were good. Girl, she latches on when she wants to. She did great yesterday & today she didnt want it again ughhh its driving me crazy. @preggointx
  • Aww now I gotta get my lil guy to latch on. My milk finally came in today and he's been drinking it ever since (pumped)