Extreme diaper rash HELP ^~^

edited October 2011 in Babies
Which cream it's the best?. My poor baby has a bad diaper rash. . I had use Desitin, A+D, Vaseline, Buttpaste and they didn't work. What else can I use??

Comments

• I'm using monkey butt I like butt paste best tho
  • I already used Buttpaste but it didn't work,
  • Make sure its not yeast. U might need to take baby to doc for antifungul cream or buying at the store
  • Try vaseline I used it with my son and now I'm using it with my daughter after every diaper change and they never had a diaper rash I hope this helps
  • My son got bad rash at about 6 weeks... Had to get anti fungal cream for it from the doctors. Try giving him lots of nappy free time (surrounded by towels to catch accidents lol) and also using a wash cloth with only warm water and no chemicals instead of wipes helps too.
  • edited October 2011
    My baby just had a really bad rash and desiten made it a 100 times worse i used a&d original and the anti-monkey butt powder every diaper change and it was gone in a day and a half
  • My doctor already checked him , she just told me to get the Buttpaste because it has 16% zinc oxide
  • @blessedtimes2 I did but nothing he's the same
    @HUPE23_1 I used A+D and nothing too
  • @tinka 1326 he's been like that rigth now and really looks better . Thanks ^_^
  • It wasn't working for me either untill i started using the anti-monkey butt powder with it both at the same time worked like magic lol
  • :(( AWWWW I pray it goes away very soon I hate diaper rashes:(
  • @tinka1326 what's the name of the antifungal that the doctor gave u?
  • @blessedtimes2 thanks. I almost cry with him every time I change his diaper because I know it hurts so bad.
  • @HUPE23_1 where can i get that?
  • Walmart i guess idk i hot it at my shower its just like baby powder it soaks up the wetness of the rash
  • I haven't tried aquaphor but I looked the ingredients and its the same has Desitin
  • I'd try to find it
  • Antifungal cream like for athletes foot. U can find it at dollar tree too. Might want to try it
  • Im in Australia so I doubt you would find the cream there. I dont recognise any of the names of things suggested. And my son is now 2yrs old so cant remember lol. But if you went to your pharmacy they could probably suggest something.
  • My dr told me the antifungal cream they prescribe has same ingredients as yeast infection meds n just get some over the counter
  • edited October 2011
    Aquaphor works the best. I tried Desitin and Butt Paste and it never cleared it up, so I took her to the pediatrician and that was what he recommended. The next day it was almost cleared up. Other tips he told me...always dry their bottom before putting the diaper on (I just fan her with the new diaper until its dry), do not put the diapers on too tight and use the correct size diaper, and let them go with out a diaper so that they can get air to the area.
  • What kind of diapers do you have? Have you tried another brand maybe it's being caused by the diaper!
  • Have you tried Aveeno baby diaper rash cream. I used it on my son and it worked great. Also instead of wipes I used a warm wet cloth or paper towel to wipe him till it went away
  • Try giving him a bath in chamomile tea, just make sure you use 100% chamomile and not a blend of teas. Also cornstarch works well as a butt powder. Plenty of nakie time to let the tiny bottom breath is great too!
  • AWWWW I'M PRAYING FOR U GUYS:((
  • I letting him naked during the day and it's clearing up. Thanks everyone
  • Either triple paste or calmoseptine. Calmoseptine u will get behind the pharmacy counter.