Breast Pump Recommendations please!

So I am planning on buying one after baby comes because I want to make sure I can even produce milk and bf bfore I purchase one. So which ones do you guys recommend? There are just too many choices and I'm looking for one that isn't too pricy as I've seen like $200 ones! $-) I'm not looking to spend that much...

Comments

• Medela are great heard good things,avoid them.. I bought the avent double electric one though and its good too.
  • I found a set at Target for $90 that has the dual electric pump, two bottles, inserts and storage containers. If I leave it in the cellophane wrap I can take it back if I need to...Playtex makes it, I never saw it in any of my previous searches but found it in the store.
  • @reemama avoid them??...how much did u pay for the avent one?
  • @1sttimerarmywife Ooh thats not a bad price at all, awesome! Thanks, I'll def check tha one out.
  • @ExcitedForOctober i was really excited when we found it, I am in the same boat as you, hoping breastfeeding works out but not willing to spend $300 on a 'maybe'! :O
  • I have a medela the one in the back pack got it for 239 on sale.
  • @Jensensmommy15 Aww thats too pricey for me :-( ...and on sale?! Wow
  • I think reemama is saying avoid them BC they are 250-300 for the electric double ones..
    That's the one im getting though..... insurance is covering it.
  • @314babymama1120 insurance covers it?! :O Whaaat insurance??
  • @314babymama1120 I have BCBS PPO...how do you go about getting one through them?
  • I would like to know how you go about getting a pump through BCBS as well! @314babymama1120
  • My husband partner at work mentioned that his wife got one through their insurance so I called the insurance up and asked about it. They told me I Just need a prescription from the Dr and I can just get if from the hospital im delivering at for free! Its the medulla double electric pump with carrying tote. Im not even on husband's insurance yet bit I can still get in BC im giving birth and that counts as a life changing event so AS SOON AS SHE IS BORN my husband is driving paper work over to his benifits person ans getting me on his insurance so we can get the pump before we leave hospital. Your hospital might carry a different brand though or it might be a different insurance plan your on. But Just try!
  • I got the playtex one haven't used it yet as I am still pregnant but I checked out the reviews it looks good. My sister said that only a single is necessary because double makes it so you can't do much when pumping. She can pump on one and breast feed at the same time. Just thought I would share what she told me.
  • To everyone .... just call your Insurance and ask. My sil got a medulla covered w her insurance too. Im not sure what she has but I know its not bcbs.
  • The double electric is good for moms going back to work shortly after birth BC its quicker when u just have short breaks. At least that's what I read on something my Insurance sent to me.
  • @314babymama1120 Oh wow, I'm calling BCBS tomorrow!!

@Samantha Thanks for the tip! :)
  • Awesome! I hope Its not too late! My son is gonna,be a month already. Thanks @314babymama1120
  • i was wondering the same...lmk if u find one lol. i am not about to spend over $200 on a pump
  • She has the medela double pump and she never uses both she said she wished she got the single and saved some money. Also Amazon has great deals for the price of the pumps you can also get bottles and all that stuff as well. And babies r us although pricey does a percentage off when you buy them most of the time.
  • @yayalovesyou no problem! My Dr said there is a form they just sign for this so apparently its pretty common for insurance to cover the pump. I don't know why ob's Are not advising women to at least call and check.
  • @Samantha oh...does she work?
  • She did. Just now going back to school though. I was thinking of getting a manual one for when I go back to work cause I will have to pump at work I'm sure and electric one is to much to carry around at work. Lol.
  • Uhg do NOT get the "mipump first year" from Target. Its about 80 to 90 and the stupid motor is starting to burn out after only Two weeks of using it and not even useing it everyday.
    So, don't go for cheap pumps they cost you more in the end.
  • @LittleFae thanks for the heads up! I will prob go for a midpriced one
  • @myHEARTZx3 will do! :) yeah no way I'll spend that much either...
  • I use the Ameda hand pump, I LOVE it. It can also be connected to use with the Ameda electric pump.
  • No problem. I would say go with one tgat you can buy parts for like medela. Ill be getting one of those next.
  • I have bcbs too and they covered mine up to $300 its the number on the back of the card if ur work covers it its called future moms program just call them and the will call u through ur pregnancy and after u deliver u send in your receipt and they will reimburse u
  • I had a medela and it lost suction.....and stopped working....
    granted that was 10horrible yrs ago!
    I got a Playtex one with my second, which was six years ago and it still works great.