2 days from DD and not dialated at all! 40w2d overdue upate:)

edited October 2011 in October 2011
Went to the doctor today and not dialated at all and my DD is on Friday, im a little bummed because doctor told me that if nothing happens by next wednesday he will induce me... Anyway im going to try and self induce any suggestions on what helped any of you ladies? Im ready to meet my baby and im having iregular contractions but nothing yet! O and i had an ultrasound too and she is weighing 6 1/2 pounds:) just thought id share

Comments

• Im 4 days from my dd on Monday... All I can suggest is the normal stuff, walking, sex etc... Goodluck :X
  • edited October 2011
    @marabel

I am due on Saturday and am scheduled to go into the doc tomorrow to check out the situation down there. My last appointment was Friday and although the effacement is at at least 50% (has been since 32 wks, ugh), I had no dilation either. I really, really hope there is some progress by tomorrow... I've had uncomfortable contractions, as close as 15 mins apart for a bit, but nothing extremely painful or steady. I also had some severe back pain all day yesterday, and then it just went away, UUUGGHH. I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever! I'm trying to avoid induction, but doc stated if no significant progress by tomorrow, a date will be scheduled. COME ON LITTLE MAN, LET'S DO THIS!

Oh and they haven't done an U/S since 32 weeks (I really wish they'd check him out now) and I hope to God he's not getting extremely heavy... I'm trying to do this naturally. :-)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
    LABOR DUST TO BOTH OF US %%-
  • I'm due on Saturday,3 days away and today I had an appt as well. While I am dialated to 3 cm and 80% effaced, she still mentioned that if I do not have him by Tues (my next appt) , we will be scheduling an induction date :( I really do not want to be induced, so I am hoping I will be like @MingLing and go into labor the day before my due date, if not the day of... Fingers crossed. I have been doing a lot of walking today and my bh have gotten stronger. I don't really care to have sex,so thats not happening and the only other things I have heard of are pineapple juice, clary sage oil, and castor oil :/ I'm going to continue my walking in a little while and maybe some dancing too!! If my bh continue like they are maybe they will turn into real contractions. Since I am a FTM, I really dont know what to expect. @marabel if you figure out something that works, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! LABOR DUST TO YOU!! :)
  • Nipple stimulation
  • edited October 2011
    @tinka1326 Thank you :)
    @sweet_child_of_mine I know girl my.back is killing me i am so ready but my baby girl is too confortable when my doctor checked me today he coudnt even feel my the tip of my cervix :( but yes lets stay positive and do some selfi inducement!
    @octobernewbie Congrats to you at least your dialated :) & thanks im gonna.go do a mile right now see if that does anything!
  • @happymommyof2 will try that:) thank u!
  • Oh I did think of something else... Look up on YouTube for pressure points to induce labour... Its just massaging certain points for a few mins regularly but its worth trying...
  • Alright, just left my doc's office...I've made progress since last week! I've dilated to between a 1 and 2...YAY! My doctor also did a membrane strip, so hopefully...this will help to get things rollin'! Aaaah! He'll be here soon!
  • If you aren't dilated at all, most natural induction stuff isn't going to do much for you. Walking, sex, and epo might help. Also, an exercise ball, because it brings baby's head down. Good luck!
  • edited October 2011
    @laura536 Thank you! i did an hour of walking today and im fixing to get on the ball right now, but i think ive been having minor iregular contractions dont know really thiu cause im FTM but they feel like period like cramps.
    @sweet_child_of_mine im a little jelous of you;) Congrats and keep us updated!
  • Good luck n labor dust! This ia my third and final baby.. I just want to go naturaly too.. But my last 2 went over ten days n I had,to be induce!
  • lol, I'm a second time mom and I still can't figure out contractions! I think I might have been having some yesterday, but I don't know. Babies are hard!
  • Im so glad to see that I'm not the only one that's frustrated to a certain extent. I know up to 42 wks is normal but its still hard.
  • I have period like cramps too. Doc said its your cervix changing. So hopefully your progressing!! Good luck
  • I took evening pimrose. It softens your cervix.. it might help. Its a 3x a day pill. You can find it in the store with the vitamins
  • i've been feeling period like cramps too and they are irregular. i dk im a first time mommy too! but still got 10days to go to my dd.
  • @Peachez @kritten_octoberbby @TheTrondsons1st @Carley @lae3 @laura536 Thank you ladies!

Heres a little update well not really an update becauae it seems like nothing really has happened i have iregular contractions and Friday i got checked and im only 1cm dialted ,oo but thing im happy for is that i lost my moucus plug yesterday:) so hopefully in the next few days something happens! Im 2 days overdue ughhh! But on a happy note its my 1 year annyversary:)
  • Happy anniversary!!! Sending lots of labor dust your way:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JuliansMommy Thank you and by the way beutiful baby! ;) @2BeForgotten Thanks! And i really hope ur right im so ready!
  • Happy anniversary!
  • edited October 2011
    gracias!! I'm soooo in love with my lil man:)
  • Goodluck n labordust!
  • Happy anniversary and good luck
  • @marabel happy belated anniversary. I started out 1cm then 3days later i had a baby haha. You may get lucky