my birth story! so worth it! i get to go home TONIGHT!

edited October 2011 in Giving birth
So, none of the induction methods were working and I was getting frustrated, upset, and very sad! I decided to give up and refused any more induction help..my doctor wanted to give me a csection. Sunday night I made them stop, I was STILL a 5/5.5 and my waters were bulging.
Monday I acted like I was fine, not having a horrible pregnancy, not emotional and frustrated, just a happy mommy. I spent a lot of time in the courtyard and it was beautiful!
At 4pm my water broke, it was a large gush that dripped down my legs.
at 4:45 my contractions started, at first they were 10min apart and quickly got closer. Around 6pm I started feeling like I need to push, they checked me and I was an 8. 15min later I told the doctor again I wanted to push, still was at an 8 but had no cervix left. 5min later my other doctor came in and I said "I don't care anymore I need to push!!" I was still at 0 station, the doctor said fine and with one push she was crowning already!! Two or three more pushes and my beautiful baby was born!
I got the delayed cord clamping I desperately wanted! And the whole birth was awesome. I gave birth sitting up! They lowered my legs and I had one doctor sitting on either side of me. It was awesome not having my knees in my cheeks!
She was 5lbs 10oz!!

Comments