My 7yo is hiding poop? Npr

edited October 2011 in Parenting
I got a phone call from my ex last night. At his house our 7yo is hiding fecal matter all over his bed room. He found several hiding spots including his toy chest, under his bed, in an underwear drawer & in his desk. My son has a history of bowl problems & sever constipation. He has had to be cleaned out 12x's by drs & nurses including an er visit last week because he was so impacted. My ex has basically blamed me saying getting married, moving,& a new baby coming started this. He tells me I am a terrible mom & my husband should leave with the new baby b4 I mess this one up. My thing is, if I caused this, wouldn't he be doing it more at my house? We searched his room & found nothing. Also am I alone in this or have other moms delt with it? If so what do I do? We've talked to the kid & all he says is I don't know why I do it. Seriously getting worried for my big guy.

Comments

• I had a close family friend whos son did the same thing but he was autistic. So idk why your son would be doing it.
  • My 6 year old didn't hide it but he did it in middle of his room once not sure y he did it....it was during my pregnancy ....I made him clean it up after we had a serious talk...never did it again but it was very disturbing to me I was told if he did it again to have him talk to psychiatrist....he does have adhd and was not on his pill dont know sorry momma just make him clean it otherwise he wont learn
  • My son at 8 use to poo his undies and hide his undies daily!!! Drove me crazy!!!
  • I would just talk to a Doctor about it, kids do crazy things sometimes. My daughter did this for a while but it was when she was 2 so not so worrying. Also don't take what his Dad said seriously. I doubt he really meant it, adults have a tendency to blame others when something stressful is happening with their kids.