I'm so tired of being told im going to be a bad mother .

Ok so I'm in Walmart and this lady about 40 comes up n says your pregnant n I say yes which I kno she knew I was pregnant I mean I'm nine months and then she proceeds to ask how old o am I say I'm 16 and she says wow your young you are not ready for children you will not be a good mom n I'm like Wtf just because I'm 16 doesn't mean I will be any less of a good mom than a 20 year old sorry for the vent just had to let it out .

Comments

• I know its hard and bc of ur age it comes w the teritory now I know 16 year olds can be good moms my sister is one I'm just saying u have to work harder to prove them wrong good luck %%- :)
  • i had my first at 17 and i got that.. aww.. your poor baby speach.. or your life is over.. the truth is alot of teen moms arent mature enough to handle giving up there childhood.. its a commitment and as long as you know you will commit your life to your child.. then thats all that matters.. your always going to run into idiots that dont know you with oppinions.. i believe being a mother is hard at any age.. but thats just me.. your job is to prove them all wrong .. and just do the best you can.. and take any help you get.. but dont take advantage of it.. and it will always be there wen you need it..
  • im 21 & ppl still tell me Im too young to be a good mother so dont feel bad at all!
  • @happiestmommietobe @darknesofnight4u @lae3 @mimii36 I'm sorry I wasn't by my phone but I kno I will be a good mother and I am prepared to make this commitment for life my son is worth more to me than the world it just makes me mad and hurts my feelings when people judge me and they don't know me
  • I know it does my sister had the same problem but people shut up quick bc she graduated high school early by a year and she was working full time and she's a full time mom lol its possible I wish u all the luck in the world %%-
  • I know sweety ive been there.. It sounds like u have a good head on your shoulder.. I always tell my oldest that hes special in a way a lil different from his younger bros cause he made me a mommy <3 he will always be my #1.. He can feel left out cause hes 10 and his lil bro is 1 1/2 and now a new one will be here soon . I waites 8 yrs before I had another baby.. So I could go back to school and work twards a nursing degree.. I wont say its been easy but its doable if u keep ir mind focused on your baby I wish u the best (o:
  • I had my first at 16 and I was a way better Mom then my friends moms! Screw her! Age doesn't make someone a good mom. You will be a great mom
  • What right to these people have to make a comment anyway! And clearly at 9 months your not going to agree with her n change your mind! I think its more about the person and how much support they have anyway not age, hope u kicked her!
  • Wow wat a beach
  • I was 20 when I had my son and People would say that shat to me alot. I always used to tell them that he only had to live long enough to make the sacrifice to the Pope. Normally confused them enough so they let me the hello alone.
  • Maybe start telling them you're 29 or older and when they ask for beauty tips tell them it because you do something gross to your skin every day. Or you eat monkeys' brains daily. :0&
  • @darknesofnight4u @lae3 @proudmomma @three_cats_n_a_baby @roxy @conreeaght thank all of you I'm just going to start ignoring them because that don't kno anything about me and I really appreciate all of your comments I plan on graduating this year n then going to the coast gaurds n @conreeaght moneky brains LOL .
  • %%- np u go momma lol :)
  • Good luck
  • Good luck:)
  • Next time they ask your age ask theirs lol that shuts them up. I was 20 when pregnant and got a lot of shit. Though my bf looks quite young so that doesn't help at all. I feel for ya babe. Just remember
    Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind.
  • I always hated when people would tell me that my life is going to be over. If anything, I feel like its just now begun. Having a baby isnt the end of the road, its just diverting to a different one.

Youll be a great mommy. :)
  • I hate that! Especially from strangers, I'm 18 and people come into my work all the time and say shit like that, I get in trouble a lot for back talking rude customers but I don't care people need to mind their own business. You can be a good mom at any age :)
  • @captianmorgaine Thankyou and that's exactly how I feel my life isn't over its just beginning @pawgio I would talk back to people are just so ignorant and need to mind their own business
  • stupid old lady!
  • @lindah22 Ikr I hate stuck up old people .
  • edited October 2011
    @erikamrschollins
    my grandmas like that
    and she thinks im to young to be a mom
    and im 20 gonna be 21 in january :-|
  • Yep, I even had my mom telling me I'm throwing my life away and we're going to be bad parents, she's supportive now but it still makes me mad how everyone can think such bad things because of someone's age
  • @lindah22 my grandmother is the same way n I'm like you had your first at 13 :o
  • @erikamrscollins
    i know right!!
    my gma had hers at 16
    but i cant talk back to my gma or
    my mamas gonna be mad at me
    so i just let her talk haha
  • @pawgio I kno some young moms make better moms than older ones
  • @pawgio I kno some young moms make better moms than older ones
  • I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I always wanted to have kids young because I felt like i'd be able to connect with them better and do more things with them :)