Worried

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
Awake again since 5am, its now 5.26am. I am 38+3 and I'm being sent for another scan today because they are saying I am still measuring small. Trying not to be too concerned but now I can't help it. At 31 weeks was told he had hydronephrosis in his left kidney which means he has water in his kidney and a swollen urethra (tube from kidney to bladder). They say in most cases it will clear itself up before birth but I am worried if they find it is still there today it means my little man might need an operation after he is born. I'm so ready to have him in my arms so I can take care of him properly, feel almost powerless at the moment!

Comments

• Try to relax hun. I know its hard. Ill Prat for u!
  • Thank-you @314babymama1120 I am trying! Managed a couple more hours sleep which I'm sure did me good! Now I'm about to raid the kitchen, I'm starving, 4 hours to go!
  • Oh I'm so sorry. Try to stay positive! I'm praying for him.
  • I was told I was measuring small and was sent for extra scans and saw my midwife weekly, sometimes twice a week. Even while I was in labour the midwife measured my belly and asked was I sure all my dates were correct and had they scanned baby to check the development (not what u really want to hear!) When I delivered Hope was a perfect 6lb 13oz.
  • All good news regarding size, he is measuring approx 6lbs6oz which is great. His hydronephrosis has spread to both kidneys now though and the amount of swelling is the upper end of moderate now. The same plan applies as before, he will receive antibiotics at birth and be scanned at approx 6 weeks. The midwife says there is still chance for it to correct itself as their urinary system changes the way it works at birth so just fingers crossed now. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement ladies @Hopes_Mummy @Proudmomma @314babymama1120
  • Your welcome mama, I will keep praying for him.
  • Thats fantastic news about the size! The kidney problem, if he has the surgery does that fix it once and for all?
  • @Hopes_Mummy I believe so unless there is an underlying condition causing the problem but they haven't seen any evidence of one

@314babymama1120 thank-you once again
  • It will change you just got to leave it to God. I have a good feeling it will be okay.
  • Thank-you @Proudmomma, I put my trust in Him now!
  • It's all you can do. Stay strong and positive, everything will be okay