My home water birth vbac story :) *PIX*

So this morning I woke up at 745am to a contraction and bloody show. I didnt have any contractions after that so I took a shower to see if I would have any more contractions and just standing in the shower they hit really fast and hard. I let my backup midwife know after I got out of the shower. The contractions hit every 2 minutes after my shower about an hour later. I got in the birthing pool and they got very very intense, I wanted to push right away so I squatted so my pelvis would open up better and held my hubbys hand (in which I almost broke LOL). I didnt really push but my body did for me as I was squatted in the pool at the edge. It was very intense as baby was coming out, it went soooo fast. At the last moment I pushed and moaned and growled with everything I had and she slid out so fast!
She weighed 7.2lbs, 19 1/2 inches long and nursed as soon as I brought her up out of the water! She came at 1138am today!! Crazy day for me and hubby-this was his first baby delivered vaginally as our son was preemie and c section. I was due the 18th.
We so far decided on Madison Raelin unless we change our minds again :)

Comments

• Thats so cool. Now, tell me about this birthing pool...were you at a birthing center?
  • nope i was at home @CaptainMorgaine and the birthing pools you can order online
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ...is it like a kiddie pool?

It probably isnt, but thats the image I have in my head now, lol. Was it super messy? Who cleaned up after all was said and done?
  • its deeper then a kiddie pool with hand rail things..no it wasnt that messy, i sat in the pool for a while until the placenta came..my backup midwives cleaned up everything
  • Awesome. That sounds way more comfy than my hospital experience. Not that I really have any problems with my experience, but I do have to be realistic.
  • Congrats! I love watching water births on tv lol
  • congratulations!!
  • Thats awesome congrats!
    After the birth of my son I have my hubby convinced to have a home water birth the next time around.
    Im glad yours went so well!
  • Congrats! How you have a great recovery, and the baby is doing well :)
  • That's awesome. Congrats!
  • Congratulations! You did it!!!!!! I'm so happy everything went smoothly! Yaaaaaay!!!!
  • Congratulations
  • Congrats!!!
  • Oh congratulations bahama mama! I've been wondering about you because we had the same due date and planned home water births. So glad to hear everything worked out so beautifully. I'm still waiting; little guy's not anxious to move out yet.... :-(
  • beautiful story.. .congrats on your lil one \:D/
  • Congrats :) was the birthing pool expensive? With My first I wanted to do that but wasn't sure how. I had to have a c section tho. But I'm really interested with the next
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's amazing!!! When you say backup midwives, do you mean you did everything yourself, and they were there just in case??
  • @starrxoxo9 yes kind of. im a midwife and just wanted them there for my husbands support..its really hard to talk during labor esp. transition lol and for pictures! :)
    Pic update :)
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • not to mention it was a hands off labor and birth, my hubby caught her, i wasnt being messed with as most home births are like except some occasional heart beat checks, we delayed cord clamping for a couple hours and didnt force the placenta out..she is 4 days old now, no jaundice, no nursing issues, nothing :)
  • Aww beautiful, congrats!!
  • Congrats!!! She is beautiful! I had a waterbirth but at a birth center...I loved not being "messed with" during labor. So happy for you and glad everything turned out as you planned!
  • @mom2be thats great! my second choice was the birth center but i tend to have really fast labors but the birth center was 45 min away
  • ps. would you believe she got those lips from my hubby? lol our son has his lips too
  • @Bahamamama4828 your pictures are amazing!! So beautiful. I especially love the one in the middle!
  • that's so awesome. I wanted a water birth so bad but I did hospital. I was able to labor in water which I loved and hopefully my next one will be a water birth. Congrats she is beautiful. :)
  • thanks! @jewlieuh i wished i owned that camera lol @Samantha isnt it amazing :)
  • How come you waited a few hours to cut the chord I thought it was like 20 minutes at the most before it stops pulsing