My water broke at 12:40am!!!! **Update: Brealyn's Birth Story!

And let me tell you! It was like a fricken river! I'm eating P, B & J, and on my way to the hospital! Be there in 15 mins. I'm contracting about every 7 mins! Mild mentrual cramping. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Good luck! Hope all goes well!
  • \:D/ good luck mama!
  • Thanks! I'm all hooked up and having contractions every 4 mins!
  • Congrats momma!!
  • Woo hoo. Hope everything goes super smooth. Good luck!!
  • Good luck momma
  • Update ???
  • Good luck
  • edited October 2011
    Congrats! :) and good luck
  • Congrats!!!
  • Congratulations!
  • Yeay, congrats! Hoer it all goes well :)
  • Congrats and good luck
  • Congratulations I hope I'm next.
  • Sorry for the delay.....

Brealyn Joy Norkin
    10-21-11
    10am
    6lbs 14oz
    19 inches long

What a ride! I went from 1cm 80% effaced to ready to push in 5 hours!!! They took so long to check me so the epidural that I so desperately wanted was not given to me. I begged the nurse to check me and she insisted that this being my first baby, there was almost no way I was at a 10. Boy was she surprised when she put her fingers in me. I was notified that I was not getting the epidural and on the next contraction I was pushing.

I started pushing and after 2 contractions worth of pushing the room went from 2 nurses to about 6 nurses and midwife. I was told to hold off on the next push because they were trying to figure something out. Come to find out, her heartrate went from 150 to 30s and 60s. They were trying to attach a moniter to her head and were unable to so they made me start pushing again even when I wasnt contracting. They midwife then cut me because they wanted this baby out!!! and after a few more pushes, she was. My hubby didn't even get to cut her cord. They took her right away to check her out. Her poor little face and body were bruised cuz she had what they call a rapid decent.

So, the next stage of my labor was delivering the placenta. Unfortunately, the cord ripped and only a portion of the placenta came out!!! So now this lady is elbow deep in me scraping every last piece of it out for 20 mins!!!! That sucked! It was like giving birth again....but worse!

The following 15 mins she stiched my 2nd degree cut. Which I felt the last 3 stitches! Ugh. I was so proud of my hubby! He did so good and stayed with me while I went through it all, even before he went and saw the baby! <3

Finally I got to hold my beautiful baby girl! She is soooo precious! She was born at 36 weeks, 5 days! We had to stay in the hospital for 48 hrs because she is still considered preemie. She now weighs 6 lbs 9 oz. We are just trying to get used to breastfeeding, but its going real well. We are all set to be discharged, so we should be leaving here in an hour or so.

Hope you enjoyed my birth story! :)
  • Congratulations!
  • Thanks! Oh, and pics to come!!!
  • Congrats hun!
  • Wow. Congratulations. Sounds like she had a crazy delivery. Im glad you get to go home. Get your rest and enjoy.
  • Congratulations I'm so happy for you:)
  • Congrats sounds crazy %%-
  • Congrats!
  • Ohhh crazy story but glad it all worked out in the end :-) big congrats on a natural labour even if that wasn't the original plan lol
  • Omg!! Congrats!"
  • Thanks ladies! Sleep is almost non existent! And I have a little anxiety over this new bundle of joy, so its causing me to have an upset stomach! And my body and back aches! Any advice???