my coworker threw a baby shower for her daughter and am a little disappointed !!!

edited October 2011 in Baby showers
I'm very disappointed because when the mom opened the gifts .....my coworkers cheered to those who gave the best gifts (money /gift cards worth 200 and 300s...and booed those who gave 50...little disappointed coz my coworker is even the one who was saying in front of the crowd that 50dollars isn't enough ....When I opened my gifts at my baby shower sponsored by them , I was discreedt with the gift cards they had given me .... and I showed the same appreciation to everyone irregardless of their gifts so I think it was a bit rude that my coworkers did that ..booing the lowest price gift giver ....am very disappointed to the fact that I am now regretting that they did my baby shower but it went okay coz there was no incident like that ....whew ! But sstill ! Oh well !

Comments

• Oh wow, that is rude! Anything is helpful, but maybe that's cause I'm 17 and need all the help I can get.
  • Id be disapointed too I was like u at mine just happy to have it lol
  • The biggest gift I received was a used stroller. that's about 5 years old. no where near 300 dollars..
  • Wow that is really just rude. Where's the consideration n plain old manners?!
  • I know ....the mom and me has the same due date ..... her mom/my coworker gave me 130 dollars gift card....and I hope what I gave her daughter was enough lol ...I was the one who bought the cake plus I gave her a huge basket of newborn goodies filled with diapers /wipes /sterilizers onesies etc . Whew
  • I can't believe that. How rude!
  • Wow!!! I dont think it matters what someone gives, shouldnt you just be happy that they care enough to give you anything!!
  • I would've taken my gift back if they booed mine. Buy your own abnormally expensive baby gifts.
  • Wow that's rude!! My coworkers put together a little surprise shower for me and there were 3 little gifts and a $100 Amex gift card from all of them! I was so appreciative to them bc they did NOT have to do that for me! I told everyone thank you even my nasty supervisor who refused to participate! Some people I tell you!!
  • Ug that is beyond rude tacky and ungrateful!!
    I can only imagine what that childs future birthday parties will be like and how few people will show after the first or second one
  • Wow how ungrateful. That kids gonna grow up thinking money is everything.
  • What kind of work are you in that coworkers could afford to give away that much?
  • That is beyond rude I'm a very giving person and weather my gift got cheered for or booed I would have taken it back and donated to salvation army so someone that would and can appreciate it could have it.
  • http://www.healthykin.com/p-712-convatec-aloe-vesta-protective-ointment.aspx

This is the aloe vesta i mentioned. Its cheaper online. I usually get the 8oz but they also have a 2oz.
  • edited October 2011
    Girl what, uh uhh I bet she gonna use every penny!!! I would've ben like oh give me mine back then!! Seriously. Smh
    I totally agree with @potato!!
  • @BabyLuv8 we work in a hospital .am a nurse and the mother/sponsor is a nurse herself .the funny part is that the nursing assitants are the ones who gave the more expensive gifts ..tsk tsk tsk ...well am just glad nothing like that happened at my shower two weeks ago .as I treated everyones gift with equal love and appreciation ...and am proud to say that more coworkers even from other departments are still giving me stuff ...sweet little cute stuff ! It really matters to me is the thought and that they wanted to be a part of my little one .