My birth story- Not as planned!! Long! ***Pics***

edited October 2011 in Birth Stories
Well my birth story didnt go as planned. I was trying for a VBAC but failed. On 12 October I woke up to having to go to the bathroom, I had mild cramping but nothing bad. After about 30 min of that I wiped and it was bloody. Then I started getting mild contractions. I had my 41 week doctors appt that day so I told my hubby we would let him know. My mom and I drove to the hospital (OB and L&D in hospital) and I walked in drs office and told them I was going to L&D. We went upstairs and was admitted. I was contracting every 5-7 minutes. So my hubby, mom, and best friend made it to the hospital. I recieved my epi at 5cm and they broke my water. I stalled out at 5cm though so they started low dose pitocin. I developed a fever after they broke my water so I was started on a round of antibiotics. My boys heart rate went down at one point so they turned me on my left side, uggg all the epi went to that leg and It went completely dead. I ended up laboring for about 14 hrs. Tried to push but my boys heart rate plummited again. It took 1 1/2 minutes to get it stable. The doctor finally called for a c-sec. They had told me that if they thought me or baby were in danger they were calling it. I was 10cm, fully effaced and a +1 station but he wouldnt come down farther.
My c-section was mentally hard. I thought I was a failure and was very emotional. During the surgery I went into shock and my hubby had to hold my hands and head down to stop them from bouncing.
They got my son out but he wasnt crying right. They came around the curtain and told us that he had to go to the NICU. I started bawling and my hubby was crying too. He couldnt go and see Anthony because he was holding me down. I had been shaking from shock so bad that I nearly bounced off the operating table. They had to tip it to keep me on it. They showed us Anthony for a quick second but I really could see him where I was. I was taken into recovery and actually had fully feeling within 45 min. The got me in my post partum room and I was up and walking to the wheelchair 3 hrs after surgery. I wanted to see my son. He had a pnemothorax (Collapsed Lung) and was under an oxygen hood and had a nasal tube and feeding tube.
They found out during the surgery that my bladder was stuck to my old scar and had to cut another incision into my contractile muscle so I can no longer have a natural birth again. They had told me that they didnt think he was much bigger than 6 lbs. My boy was 7lbs 13.66oz, 21inches long and cute as can be. I was released after 36hrs but they let us stay in my room as a boarder till Anthony was released. Thankfully the next day. So my little man is home and lets everyone know when he is unhappy with two perfectly healthy lungs!

And on a funny note we were watching the Texas Rangers play while I was in labor and I am told that when I finished trying to push I yelled at the doctor to move because I couldnt see the game... (Ok I remember doing it but I wont tell them that!! :-D )

Comments

• In the NICU

Anthony

Finally Home

Photobucket
  • His very cute :) I'm sorry the labor didn't go as planned but I'm glad the baby and you are home now. Hope you have good recovery.
  • He is cute! Seems like everything is great sorry it didn't go as planned but you both are well and home.
  • Congrats!! What a cutie:)
  • Congrats hes adorable :)
  • He is SOOO CUTE! congratulations!
  • Thanks all! He is so precious! I just sit and stare at him sometimes!!
  • edited October 2011
    Aww yur bby boy is so cute! Im sorry yu had to qo thru the whole csection process aqain. I juss had my 1st bby qirl 10/06 via csection &&trust me i was feelinq the same.. I wanted to have her vaqinally but i quess thinqs didnt qo as planned.. I was also shakinq like crazy in the operatinq room no matter how hard i tried to calm myself down &&relax i couldnt im qlad i had my husband at my side tho... Now i juss really hope i could try a vbac in the future bcus csection recovery is baaad i know recoverinq from a vaqinal birth must also b painful but from friends &&family they say a csection recovery is more painful &&takes a bit lonqer :-(
  • sorry labor didn't go as planned but congrats on the healthy baby boy :)
  • Thanks! He is a momma's boy!!! LOL my poor hubby!!
  • Adorable! Sorry for all you went through but at least you have your son!