Hives

edited October 2011 in First time moms
Im so confused being a ftm and all.Why do newborns get this and how do u get rid of it?

Comments

• I think hives are an allergic reaction.... im not sure though so here's a bump
  • @314babymama1120 thks for answering guess nobody kno:(
  • Where at, can you post a picture?
  • And how old?
  • @ aydonsmommy dnt kno how to post a pic on my phone but its on the face and neck,she is eight weeks today.
  • What kind of laundry detergent are you using for her clothes? When did she break out in these hives? Did you have perfume on at the time? Hives are an allergic reaction and can sometimes be a sign of a life threatening allergy so be careful with it
  • You can sometimes help hives with a colloidal oatmeal bath or antihistimine or even a steroid but being as youbg as she is I would not give her any meds without consulting your doctor
  • @fwee I only use dreft detergent and she was fine whn she left my house but I let her go to her grandparents for the weekend and whn she came bck i noticed it. But she goes to dr this week so I will be sure to mention it cause im a lil scared jus seein it.
  • My son did the same thing, hives all over his face and neck. By the time we figured out it was the laundry detergent it was all over his body. Did the grandparents was her clothes or bathe her while she was there? If so it could be she's allergic to what they use to wash their clothes.
  • They sent her clothes home so no and I hope they bathe her lol not sure with wht tho I use dove for sensitive skin at home. I really wanna find out wht cause it tho im so lost. did u use anything to clear it up? @aydonsmommy
  • It could be the soap they used or the laundry soap on the wash cloth they used. Our ped said as long as he wasn't itching at it to leave it alone. It cleared up after a week or so.
  • my little one had a break out on her checks for a couple days but i belive it was from my sister in laws perfume when she visited. cause she has never had that before. but that was the only time it happened
  • I would take ur baby to the doctor first just to make sure. But my baby I thaught had an allergic reaction cuz she had hives...but it was just heat rash.
  • @babymamma18 whts the difference between the two? and did the heat rash go away on its on?