Is it safe to swim?

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
After you're dialated and/or effaced? I was thinking couldn't you easily get an infection or bacteria or something after your cervix is open? Maybe a dumb question lol

Comments

• I believe its safe..its just like taking a bath.
  • @mimii36 that's what I thought, but I got a little freaked out when I was in the pool at the spa last night thinking about everyone else's germs and the bugs in the water and stuff :\
  • Lol..i think its totally safe.
  • I askedmy dr the same thing& he said its all good untill your waterbag breaks
  • I got in the pool 3cm dilated and 50% effaced and didn't get any infection... its safe!
  • @moodymommie thank you :) haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that was wondering, I feel like I'm turning into a germaphobe
  • nope im a germaphobe now too... I told my parents everyone in the hospital has to wash there hands before touching baby cuz hospitals are very germy especially in flu season...they laughed at me but I still am gonna give ppl purell or tell them to wash there hands lol...they gotta touch door handles elevator buttons &all the other things sick ppl touch!
  • @moodymommie lol I have a big bottle of hand sanitizer packed in my hospital bag!
  • I got one too I just have to pack it lol :)
  • Yea its safe it helps take the pressure off do it lol they make soap lol
  • i read somewhere after 36 weeks not to swim but I think it is safe as long as your water doesn't break