***Update!!!!!!! TO GO OR NOT TO GO THAT IS THE QUESTION !!!! PICS!!!

edited November 2011 in Labor
So I've been having contractions for the last three hours ranging anywhere from 3 to 6 mins apart. I've almost been losing more of my mucous plug with small bit of bright red blood. I called the on call Dr and she said not to go in until they were 2 to 3 mins apart n got more painful. The thing is it takes A LOT for me to know if they're REALLY that bad pain wise....so do I go or not? What so u guys think

So I ended up going in at 4am with extremely strong, close contractions.they checked me and I was only 60%effaced and 1 cm dilated.i tried my best to do it all naturally and just deal and breathe through the pain, got checked into a labor and delivery room and got the epidural around 9am am by then I I had only dialed to a 3 & 70 % effaced. Soon after I got the epidural they broke my water and waited to see how quick I went. They wanted to start pitocin at 10 30ish due to little to no progression, but I ended up waiting and getting it at 230pm. around 6 pm I dialed to a 5 and around 730pm I was at a 9. Doctor got back to the hospital around 8pm,i pushed for about a half hour and she was born 6 lbs 6oz 20in long.
I honestly thought id be able to deliver without epidural, but I'm so glad I got it. The worst part was pushing cuz she just wouldnt come out butt because of the epidural it didn't hurt at all. I only had pressure and that was something I could deal with! Lol Shes in the NICU for some oxygen cuz her numbers are a little low but other than that shes perfect!!!!! & I'll post pics as soon as I get home! Thank you everyone who commented with advice and help!!:)

Shes out of NICU and home with mommy and daddy! the first week has been rough since im used to getting so much sleep and right now i hardly get any! buttttt im STARTING to get the hang of it! :) anddd heree she iss!! ::

Comments

• I say wait til they are 2-3 mins apart. You dont want to go all the way there just to be sent home. But if you get to worried then go ahead in.
  • I would wait cuz I've been having contractions like this as well but its all early labor. And if u don't progress fast enough for them they just send u home. So I say relax in the comfort of your own home. Believe me you'll know when to go. I have an extremely high pain tolerance and I knew.
  • Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I just wasn't sure if maybe I should go in to get checked or not
  • How long do the contractions have to last before going in
  • edited October 2011
    2-3 mins apart for an hour consistantly
  • Seems we are all in the same boat I was jus about to make a thread like this. I'm having contractions ranging from 4-6 mins apart lasting about a min & a half each sort of intense but not painful, I too have a high tolerance for pain. So I'm debating when to go in & I get more pressure with a Sharp pain in my back as soon as the contraction ends & in between contractions baby is very active & I get that dull menstrual like pain in my lower abdomen..... so I'm jus waiting
  • @mimii36 they are 2 to 3 mins apart now but only lasting about 35 to 45 seconds
  • my doc says they should last at least a minute & it should continue that way for an hour.
  • @mimii36 goooddddd :) theyre now lasting atleast a minute and theyre 3 mins apart. hopefully ill be on my way to L&D soon! i just want her out! im getting soo anxious!!!
  • Good luck! i have a high tolerance to pain but you'll know with mine wasn't painful just felt so out of control with them @supermom405
  • *****UPDATE AT TOP*******
  • Congrats :)
  • Congratulations. That's great. She sounds great.
  • Congrats! :) can't wait for pics
  • Ughh wish my hospital was like that..but Congrats.
    if you would've waited aby longer you would've had the baby at home lol
  • just added her pic at top! :)
  • Congratulations..she gorgeous :)
  • She is absolutely beautiful!!
  • Oh congratulations. I had to get the epi too and I so wanted natural but once they gave me pitocin it was over lol. The contractions are awful with that stuff lol. She is so adorable.
  • congrats! shes beautiful ♥
  • o so very pretty congrats on your little one