i think im going crazy...seriously...

Ok ladies ill try and keep this short. I've struggled with panic disorder off and on more off then on for about 10 years...have had 3 times lasting several months each...well I had my daughter 6 weeks ago and 3 weeks ago I started having a few panic attacks, now all day except maybe 2-3 hours I have racing thoughts unexplained nervousness and feel that I'm living in a fog, everything seems surreal and I don't know what to do. Some days I feel normal but most I don't. I went to the mental health er and instead of listening they wrote me a script for an ssri called Celexa which I can't take or should I say I'm scared to take bc of a past reaction to a similar medication called zoloft. I just want to feel normal again, anyone else going/gone thru this???

Comments

• I feel disconnected from reality if that makes sense, like I feel distant and unfamiliar with what was once my norm
  • Go back to the doc
  • edited October 2011
    My ob won't treat it other then with a standard anti depressant which I can't take bc of my history of panic and the psychiatrist doesn't seem to believe me that I can't take that stuff. I'm just scared and miss feeling normal. I've scheduled an appointment with a physcologist to try talk therapy just afraid I'm 2 far into it to fix with out medicine :-( wondering if anyone can relate?
  • edited October 2011
  • I can't hun but just wanted to send virtual *****HUGS*****
  • Im sorry hun I don't have a solution for u. If u are afraid of harming yourself or others then go back to er and don't leave till u have a solution.
  • @samiuk thank you!!!
    @314babymama1120 thank you, I'm not having those feelings thank god mine is more anxiety
  • I suggest you find a doctor that will listen to you and spend time with you. Doctors that are D.O.s rather than M.D.s tend to take more time and look at the whole situation. Have you ever found a med that worked? If not, perhaps you could get a list of anti-anxiety meds and eliminate those that do not work and any meds related to those that do not work. Then check out those remaining and see what might be a good fit. Start at a lower dose to check for any negative symptoms. Be sure to cross check any other meds you are taking and, if available, try something that has worked for a blood relative.
  • @granny2b thank you! It seems only anti anxiety meds such as benzos have worked but they scare me bc they are habit forming and I know I can't take ssri's such as zoloft pail etc :-( so yes I do need someone who will take time instead of spending literally 5 mins and writing a script. I'm going to a psychologist tomorrow who has her phd and specializes in this stuff, I really hope she helps
  • Please let me know what happens. You may want to make some notes before you go. Your current symptoms, current meds (if any) with dose, meds that caused problems in the past, meds that may have worked in the past. Any other health issues or symptoms you have, may be totally unrelated.
  • I'm feeling the same. I get real bad anxiety at the thought of being alone with the baby and I get so overwhelmed that I start to panic. This just started a couple days ago and my son will be 3 weeks old on Wednesday.
  • @granny2b thank you, I will let you know!
    @jensensmommy15 that is exactly when mine started :-( what are you doing about it?
  • @jensensmommy15 are you breast feeding?? That makes it more complicated to treat :-( so I had to stop
  • @kenzie0713 I was bteastfeeding but in the process of stopping. I have to see my regular doctor Wednesday to get back on my adhd medicine so I'm going to talk to her about it.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this though. Its so hard when your so overwhelmed to take care of the baby and then the anxiety is to much sometimes. It makes it feel like you can't breath at times and you just wanna cry and break down.
  • @jensensmommy15 I hope it works out for you! I had to stop at 3 weeks so I could take an anti anxiety and they made me feel like a zombie so I stopped after 5 days, wish I never gave up bf but we have to do what we have to do. Keep me updated and good luck at your appt!
  • I cant relate... But **HUGS** and bump
  • I would try and talk to a different Dr. I dont know what you're going through but you need a Dr that will listen and either give you advice on how to deal with it or a medication to help. Good luck I hope you feel better.
  • Oh maybe try st Johns wort. It helps with depression its an all natural herb you can buy over the counter. It might help with the anxiety. It helps balance out the moods.
  • @Samantha I'm going to try the st johns wort, I much prefer natural
  • I hope it works for you. I don't know if its safe while bfing bit I saw you stopped that. Let me know if it helps. Maybe find someone you can talk to to see weekly. Even if its a good friend sometimes it just takes talking to help whether with a professional or not. Good luck.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just wrote on my post and I wish I wasn't on my phone so I could write more. I have extreme anxiety, ocd, and now postpartum depression. My anxiety was so extreme I couldnt even tell I was depressed. It stated as soon as I had my son. I couldn't eat or sleep for 6 days. I was going psychotic. I took a klonopin but that only gave me two hours of sleep and I woke up with anxiety and pannic attacks. I called my dr.s and they just brushed it off as normal. After two more days I got really scared I stated having thoughts of hurting myself and my baby. I called another dr who told me to go to the ER. I was admitted to the psychiatric hospital. I just got home last night after being there 10 days. There are other drugs you can take to help with anxiety besides ssris and benzos. I too take zoloft and feel my memory is horrible and in a fog, but it does get better 5 days was not enough time. I also take buspar for anxiety, zanax as needed, and trazadone to help sleep which is also an anti anxiety med.