smoking

edited November 2011 in Health
Did any smokers go back to smoking after baby and if so do u still breastfeed

Comments

• I do. I just usually smoke right after he eats so I have a couple hours for my milk to be ok.
  • @BigBelly. thank you that's what i have been trying to do. i did plan on or want to start back up. its just been too hard not too.
  • You and me both. I didn't want to start either but oh well!
  • I plan on not starting back up lol
  • I don't plan on starting again.. but I have a feeling I will so I'll smoke right after feedings if I do
  • Thank you ladies!
  • just be careful, for some moms it lowers supply and makes milk taste different to baby..but yep try to smoke after feeding baby, it takes a couple hours to clear out of milk
  • Remember the smoke stays on your skin and clothes. Which is HORRIBLE for your child
  • I didnt start back up til about a month after i had Lily and i would make sure i fed her first before i had a cigarette cus it says in the milk for 2 hrs. I also had a "smoking shirt" tht i wore so it wouldnt get on my clothes and wen i came in i would immediately wash/sanitize my hands and brush my teeth. Now im not BF nemore but i still do this to protect her.
  • @newmama16. thank you for your input. He is sex weeks and i just started a few days ago and only smoke four a day. i wash as soon as i come in and wear something different when i smoke.
  • edited November 2011
    Haha sex weeks. Niiiiice. If u can not do it thts always the best n nvr wat u wanna hear :-@ lol. While i was prego i took all the money i wouldve used on cig n put it in Lily's baby piggy bank. By the end of my pregnancy (36 wks) i ended up with almost $400. If i could go back i wouldnt hav started bak up n its even harder now cus my BF suddenly smokes (apparently something he picked up while i was prego), but im really hopin to quit here soon...ugh dnt they all say tht? lol
  • Ha ha. i know my bf smokes so that's what made it so hard and caused me to start back up. Its crazy how much u save i quit as soon as i found out i was pregnant .
  • S started smoking again cos started gettin depressed (oh didnt do any thing, lived in middle of nowere and don't know any one) smoke 1-5 a day have a different top and coat a hat my hair goes up in, wash my face and hands and Brush teeth, they say takes 90 mins to leave milk but i wait 3 hours just to be on safe side i only bf in night so have last cig about 7pm and then its defo out my system for 10-11pm feed, and i must not smell of it cos oh didnt realise for a week and half hand his mum 3 weeks! Sometimes us mums just need that little 5 mins us time outside