mirena might be tmi

My friend said she had mirena and that it made her smell really bad is this true or ???

Comments

• Yea I was thinking that cuz you don't.have a period on it you would smell
  • What? Ive never heard of this. I had mirena in for a year. Never did it make me smell. Caused several other problems but didnt make me stink. Lol!
  • I've never heard of this either my friend has had hers for 3 years and doesn't smell I just got it put in a week ago and so far so good lol
  • I had it for almost 3 years and i never smelt bad. Lol
  • I guess it doesn't effect everyone but I'm just worried about that cuz I don't want to smell
  • I had it in for seven years and I didnt stink. Never heard of that either.
  • @Mommyof3girls what other problems did u have
  • Ive had it for almost 5 months now hacent bled in 2 months, but I cant lose any weight and I keep getting only what I can call ovarion cysts. But I alsohace had an infection and at first I lost a lot if hair too. But the smell, I havent had
  • @amylynn i totally lost my sex drive, i never ever had cramps along with my period until i got mirena. It gave me severe cramps, mild depression, weight gain and headaches. I never thought any of these symptoms could be from mirena until the day i got it removed. I swear i instantly felt relief once it was out. Then after it was removed i had two days no bleeding then all of a sudden i started gushing blood for two weeks straight. I was losing so much blood one day i literally had to stay sitting on the toilet (tmi, sorry) because i was bleeding so much. The bleeding stopped the day i made an appointment to get checked out (go figure). That was in early jan. We have been ttc since with no luck. I will admit that i'd rather deal with cramps than a heave period but how it affected the way i felt was not worth it at all. And i seriously lost my sex drive which was no good for my marriage. Its different for everyone. Oh and by the way ALL of the doctors i talked to were pushing mirena on me telling me how great it would b since i have heavy periods. Not one told me about any side effects i might have. I wish i would have educated myself about it b4 getting it instead of just trusting what the doctors were telling me.
  • I didn't smell but I got pregnant and had horrible cramps that I NEVER had before!