what advice should i give my 14 year old sister?

edited November 2011 in Parenting
She called me yesterday to tell me she had sex. 0_o

Comments

• Well, sounds like u have a good relationship. 14 is sooooo young!!! Guess all u can do now is talk to her about protecting herself and what not. :(
  • Omg wth . Man that's tough!! Tell how you really feel but dont come off as upset, or try not to. I would tell my sis I think shes way too young and then talk about pregnancy, stds and of course the dude she doing this with. It's for adults and actually for married ppl . Whew girl you got alot to talk about! Goodluck...
  • Yup I took my sister to Walmart and gave her 2 baskets one had condoms the other I had her fill it w baby stuff and told her which one does she choose I also made her put it all back in the right place too its up to u but make sure she knows that its not something not to take lightly
  • You can tell her not to have sex but obviously shes going to do it if she wants to... All you can do is talk to her about protection & tell her the consequences of not using bc
  • Tell her you love her and dont judge her. The last thing you want is her not coming to you if she needs something. Make sure she understands about safe sex and maybe look into getting her on the pill aswell as using condoms.
  • I know! I was about her age my first time too but hearing her say she had sex freaked me out! She said she used a condom the first time for vaginal but not the second time for anal and she said she kinda did it again vaginally(sp) without a condom and doesn't know if he came in her..but I'm guessing he did since it was his first time too!!!!!! Omg I'm so scared for her. She said she got her period today but I know she still has a chance of being pregnant! Our father was furious when I got pregnant and I was already out on my own I can't imagine how he will react if she is pregnant.
  • my little sisters that age :/
    i hope i dont get that phone call
    but if she does have sex i hope she comes to me for advice
  • I can't get her on the pill because my parents would find out and kill me i just had my son in September I would love to see him grow up and maybe have a few more....I can't tell them because i don't want her to be afraid to come to me when she has a problem uggghhhh I'm not supposed to be doing the sex talk yet for at least 15 or 16 years.. I guess practice makes perfect.
  • She can get bc on her own I think. Its better to get her bc than her get preggo.
  • OMG my little sister is almst 14 and I cannot imagine her doing that! I don't know what I would do if she told me that :-S
  • Girl you better get her a home pregnancy test asap!!! And dang no offense but she did anal too wow lol!
  • I know that you want your sister to be able to come to you if she has a problem, but wouldnt you want to know if your child had sex so young? I think your parents need to know. You can both tell her together and you can be the mediating party, so she feels at ease...
  • @mommyof3tobe I know when she said that I thought my eyes were going to pop out my head! She is crazy I wasn't even thinking about anal at that age but i guess she is braver then I was. I'm going to plan a "girls night" and go take her to see breaking dawn and get her a test..and maybe some condoms.
  • edited November 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I still haven't done anal yet and I'll be 30 in a couple months. Lmao