how old is too early to start baby food??

edited November 2011 in Ages & Stages
Ok I have 3 kids, the other 2 ate baby food really late n didn't really like it, my almost 4mnth old is a big eater, n I thought about mayb feeding her jar food... so how old is ur lil one, and what age did u feed them bby food... do u knw the pros n cons to feeding them too early... thanks ladies

Comments

• I think with my first I gave him cereal at 4 months and baby food at 6 months that's what Wic said back then and he's 5 now so idk if things have changed
  • I've started cereal already at 17 weeks and plan on doing food at 5 months. I'm just following her signs though!
  • I gave my son baby food at 5 months.
  • I dont plan to introduce food until six months
  • My Dr gave me the okay at 4 months
  • @proudmomma really? Well my bbys dr told me I can give her cereal early as 2mnths, but I didn't, n I jst gave her some bby food yesterday, and she liked it n ate half the jar, she's a big girl n goes thru 11-12 cans of formula a mnth, so I really wanna introduce her to bby food...

@everyone thanks so much ladies, I was wondern cuz I would like to give her some soon, she ate some yesterday, n idk if thers anythng bad about givn it to her to soon...
  • As far as I know if you introduce too early it can.cause food allergies, but i.could ne wrong. I started my son on a mix of rice cereal and apple pure at 4 months.
  • My daughter is the same way. If she watches you eat and wants your food then she's ready. We started at a week before 4 months. She's 6 months now. Amirah doesn't like cereal unless it's mixed with other stuff. I think you are fine:)
  • Just look out for rash or swollen areas and also if her butt hole gets a red circle then that's a sign of allergy. My bd and I don't have food allergies and so far either does Amirah. She has had pretty much every baby food out there and is great. They say introduce a new food every 3-5 days. I don't really do that cause I know she's okay but she's older too.
  • I'm starting next month when my baby turns 4 months
  • Thanks so much ladies... @tinka1326 @proudmomma @preggointx this is very helpful n grately appreciated by me n Zahara (my bby) cuz I knw she was luvn the food...
  • Im starting next month at 6 months but it will be cereal first
  • I did skip the cereal and her Dr said that's completely fine. My baby loves her food as you can tell by her pic lol
  • Lol mines to she's a lot chunkier thn the pic.... she's adorable n a beautiful name @proudmomma
  • Thank u. Your little one is adorable too