Water Birth

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
Has anyone had a water birth and did you like it? I am thinking about doing the water birth...

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I so badly want to have a vback water birth but I'm scared to death.
  • I wanna do one soo bad but my hospitals midwives don't do them
  • I told my midwives that I want to try one if my back is killing me. Im not getting a epi because I had one before and my back is still hurting for 7 yrs.
  • Yes! @Irene I did! I loved my waterbirth and would def do it again. I gave birth at a birth center not a hospital with a midwife. If you are committed to a natural birth I would recommend a water birth.
  • i had a vbac water birth at home! best experience out of my 3 babies EVER! :)
  • Thanks @mom2be
    Thanks @Bahamamama4828
    Im going to try and have a water birth if that room is open.
  • I would love one!!! Never thought i would but over the last yr I've educated myself a lot & i think it would be amazing :) I'm only 7+ wks rt now lol but i'll be looking into it if able!! You'll have to let me know info u find or if u decide to!
  • Oh @bahamamama4828 I'm so glad to hear your wonderful water birth happened even as a VBAC! You and I were both due 10/18, and planning a home waterbirth. After my little guy was 2 weeks late and sent me to the hospital emergency room in fear of non-progressive labor this past weekend, I'm sitting here shocked and mildly depressed that I ended up having a c-section. I was feeling cheated and doomed to the same traumatic birth for all other babies, and I wondered if I could go through it all again to build the family we planned... It's only been 4 days, but I think you've given me hope again! ;-)
  • i sooo wish that i could have a water birth but medicaid doesnt cover it
  • @ourlittlenugget oh my im sorry! it is possible to try for vba2c if you ever decide on another baby :) did you hire a home birth midwife (cpm) for your vbac before you had your baby or was it a cnm who does both hospital and out of hospital?
  • my backup midwife has had a few clients go 2-4 weeks overdue, i wonder if yours had the same mindset?
  • I wanted one... But with only a 2 hour labour it all happened too fast lol
  • @mommysierra you can have a water birth at the hospital. I have medicaid and the hospital im going to has one. Call your hospital where you are going to have your baby and talk to your doctor.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @homebirthadvocateI going to do the water birth. I talk to my doctor and she said it would help my back giving birth.
  • @bahamamama I had a traditional midwife (not cnm). It was my first, and I made the decision to wait as long as 42 weeks with the idea that 37-42 is "normal". I did go into labor exactly at 42, and he came out at 7 pounds 19 inches. It's just that labor didn't feel right, so I made the decision to transfer to the hospital. I'm glad for many reasons as it turned out to be exactly what we needed, but I mourned the loss of my ideal birth while thinking I was doomed to repeat c-sections. Thank you for being an exception that let's me consider another alternative! :-)