Boppy question?

edited November 2011 in Equipment & Supplies
If anyones awake this late.... Can my baby sleep in her boppy? She seems to love it & she naps there very well but is it safe for her to do her night sleeping there?

Comments

• According to the company NO. However my son has napped in his as well, but I'm up watching him. My concern is when I put him in it he is usually sitting almost all the way up, but then by the time he wakes he has slumped down inbetween the sides. I believe thats a suffocation hazard. Anyways momma knows best, use your judgement and how you feel comfortable! Srry if I'm not much help!
  • The first week my daughter was home she was swaddled in her bobby next to me, only way she would sleep, now she hates it
  • Boppy* silly auto spell
  • My son slept in it every night until he was about four weeks. He couldn't lay down flat bc of reflux and he loved it so I let him. One morning though I woke up and he was slouched down and that was the end of it!
  • My daughter loves it. She couldn't sleep flat on her back for awhile. Once we figured out she had reflux really bad she sleeps just fine. But I agreement with another poster. Use your mommy intuition :)
  • well the one I have says no sleeping too but its called a CuddleU. Its just like a boppy but I has a support belt thingy that can support them from falling. After the trouble I had last night with her I may just give it a try.
  • I let my baby sleep in it whn she first came hme tht was the only way she slept. She likes to sit in it and be nosy and look around now thts she is two months & even now she some times takes a "cat" nap in it lol. i say try it @mimii36
  • My kids slept in it but now I have the boppy lounger and it says no sleeping also but my daughter slept on it for like five weeks when I didnt want to go upstairs.
  • My son slept in it at night for a while, but I didn't know that it wasn't recommended...so I felt guilty and put an end to it. He still naps in it sometimes though.
  • aww iremeber when you were posting things abt having her and labor... now its questions abt her!! cant wait for my turn... how are yu feeling btw?
  • I let Isaac sleep on my boppy during the day when he is on the couch next to me. I also use it to prop him for 30ish minutes after feeding. But he is never on it when I'm not awake and around.
    The boppy company does make a boppy pillow just for them though. Its like a tiny infant beanbag shaped looking pillow with a dent in the middle to help cradle them
  • @mommimisha I know..its so crazy! & trust me.. .no matter how prepared you think you are...youre NOT! Lol. But its sooo worth it. We are doing good tho. Im just having trouble getting her to go to sleep at night because she is a stomach sleeper & I cant let her sleep like that unless on its on me! Ugh! Makes you wonder how in the hell the hospital nursery made it seem so easy!? Lol
  • I let the baby I watched sleep in mine. My boppy cover has a belt thing and so she couldn't slip down.
  • Uh oh dnt make me nervous lol... im trying to prepare myself for thee sleepless nights coming ahead... she wont sleep next to yu on her tummy???
    there is this bear they sale at target and it makes thee sound of inside thee womb... it supposed to be really soothing for babies... idk if it really works though..things always seem easier until yu get home lol then yur like ooh shit... ibet yur doing good though
  • @mommimisha I cant sleep on my side yet because of my csection incision so that makes it difficult for her to be beside me. & yea I have an app on my phone with those noises. Doesnt work on her. Lol. But yes I do think im doing pretty good & daddy helps out alot also.
  • My daughter sleeps in hers. I put a blanket in the hole so she doesn't slip down. She loves it.
  • Ok @everyone & @TheTrondsons1st..so I tryed it out last night & it was a lifesaver!