Thrown-up problem

edited November 2011 in Sitting Up
Ma daughter is almost 2 mths and everytime she eats she throw up ): wat could it be plz help... Im guna tke her too tha doctors if it continue

Comments

• breast or bottle fed? maybe too much air. try burping after every ounce if bottle fed then have her sit up for 30 min and see if that helps.
  • Breast she wnt tke bottle at all or pacifier
  • Ima try burping her wen shes finished then let her sit for 30mins n see if tht wrks thnks so mch I was worrying myself
  • my daughter spits up some too but she is quite the guzzler lol she gets too much air while nursing. so each time she pops off, and she does alot, i burp her then once she switches sides i burp in between too. ill sit her up for 30 min, yes even in the middle of the night and yes im exhausted lol. i wont lay her down to change her until the time has passed because lifting her legs makes her spit up too. is your babys spit up projectile, which means shoots out of her mouth or just some comes up?
  • Jus come up and yes she pops off alot ima try yhur advice thnks luv really appreciate it
  • My daughter was like that the whole time I breastfed. It didn't bother her and she was gaining weight so her doctor said she was a "happy spitter". He gave me zantac for her to see if it helped but it did nothing. She just went through a few outfits and burp clothes everyday.
  • She def has reflux if she is throwing up after every feeding! Babies usually pull off when they have to burp so try doing it every time she does. My son burps 3-4 times a feeding. Remember to keep her elevated for 30mins and also burp her over your shoulder, not bent over on your lap. That puts extra pressure on their bellies! When you change her lift her from under her back, don't lift her legs to her belly. Anddd ask your Dr for Zantac if she looks like she is in pain. It doesn't help with the throwing up but is meant to ease the burning in their throat. Hope this helps!! :)
  • My 3 week old has the same problem. She does it even projectile & sometimes it comes out of her nose! Her pediatrician said that as long as she's happy then its just a laundry issue, not a health issue.
  • My 7 week old have the same problem. She throws up all the time n sometimes she will wake up throwing up. I think its normal tho