4th trimester?

edited November 2011 in Parenting
anyone do research on this? im starting too read up on it & I find it !VERY interesting...anyone have good sites or info on this $ if not try looking it up it hs s good info :)

Comments

• hang on ill find a good link from a midwifery site..i usually just have handouts for my mamas explaining :)
  • @Bahamamama4828 link? I'd like to read about it. It seems my son is needing this comfort.
  • i am horrible, i cant seem to find anything lol
    heres one site
    http://www.becomingmamas.com/life-in-the-fourth-trimester/
  • sometimes mamas think their babies have colic but it could just possibly adjusting to life outside the womb, hence the 4th trimester :) babies generally outgrow it within 3 months or so
  • thank you @bahamama4828 is it possible to spoil your baby by holding them alot in the first 3 months? I have been holding my daughter more becaude of the 4th trimester stuff and just wanted to know (thank you for helping me on my posts :)
  • no its not possible at all! :) they dont know how to train their mamas (yet! lol) in other cultures and countries mamas wear their babies from birth until they can walk and even later and babies are generally more happy being close to mama
  • ok good I read you cant but wanted tk make sure because I have to go back to work at 8 weeks pp and dont want to shock her too bad
  • there was a study (ill search for it) that says baby wearing among other attachment parenting styles says it makes babies more confident and have higher self esteem
    (look up attachment parenting)
  • I tried to look some up but I didnt get much but what I did get was positive im gonna try holding her more... what about daddy? my bf keeps saying she likes you more or how come she only wants you. should he be holding her more even if she is fussier with him & I just leave the room to let them work it out or is that counter productive
  • try having daddy wear her if he is willing, up against his chest close to his heartbeat. my baby is the same way but on his chest works
  • will do :) I want them to have a special bond too