6 weeks old

edited November 2011 in Parenting
How much does ur 6 week old drink of formula?

Comments

• Bumpity bump:)
  • @MAmajolene She's a fatty so 4-5 oz every 3- 4hrs
  • My doctor told me I should be getting her up to 6 oz. My finances mother is a nurse in the baby nursery and she said that she should only be drinking 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours. She said she knows the doctor and he doesn't know what hes doing but I went to him when I was little and I also brought my son and niece to him..must daughter now is drinking 4 oz every three hours and she says I'm feeding her to much.. I hate when people tell me how to raise my children!
  • Mine has a healthy appetite too. He drinks 4 oz every 3 hours. His Dr said that's a little on the high side but as long as he keeps it down and doesn't spit up, it's fine.
  • 4 oz every 3 hours. He once drank 6 oz so I called his pediatrician to see if I should up it to six. He said no when upping the oz only go a half oz at a time and if they are spitting it up then it's too much. He also said it's common for them to be hungrier at diff.parts of the day.
  • edited November 2011
    My son is drinking 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours.
  • I don't think that's to much at all my daughter is 2wks 5days an takes 4oz every 3 hours
  • My son's 10 weeks and he's been taking 4oz every 4 hrs for a few weeks now (I pump at night and give him formula so the formula is the 4ozs). He breastfeeds every 3.5-4 hrs. Probably since 5 or 6 weeks actually. He was also born big at 9lbs 9oz and it's said that bigger babies do tend to eat more. But he's been steady on his intake for a while.