Abortions are out!!!!!

edited February 2011 in Teen moms
Well I'm obviously not a pro at this! I just recently lost my virginity and now I'm pregnant! My birthday was two weeks ago and now I'm seventeen and pregnant! I have never believed in abortions so those are out! Now the only options are adoption and keeping it! I'm really scared and my boyfriend is too! If I go through the pregnancy I'm going to want to keep her! Besides I already started with names! But now I'm young....dumb....and pregnant! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Comments

• Everything happens for a reason luv, have you told your parents yet?
  • You can do it! Do you & your boyfriend work? If not, get jobs.. save up. Like for real don't spend anything you don't need to. Focus on school, stay positive, and if you & your boyfriend are serious.. then don't let the love go down the drain when things start having to get serious & you have to start growing up.. make sure you're still close to each other, you'll be much happier that way! Things will fall into place (:
  • @seventeen I was 17 my senior year in high school I did it I was a teen mom but a proud one! I went threw alot but I wouldnt change wat I went threw for anything I have a healthy 8yr old boy!
  • Proud of you for taking on this new responsibility of making good decisions for your baby. You'd be surprised how much you just might mature over the next few months. It seems scary now to think that you'll have a baby later on this year, but You Can Do It!
  • You have just take the first step of maturity by not even thinking about abortion! I believe you can do it, bc you are not the first one in this situation or the last! I wish you the best! :)
  • @coolbabybeans yes I've told her!
    thanks everyone!!
  • Do what you feel is right. If your nor sure talk with you families. If the baby won't have a stable home what would you want to do? If you can provide a good home and know you can still chase your dreams I say go for it! It's up to you but if your not ready there are lovely couples out there that really want a child and can do open adoptions so you can still see your child. Being 17 is hard with a pregnancy I have friends that did it and don't regret it. But ultimately its your choice
  • @mommy3 he works but I don't! I'm always at school
  • Then just have him start saving more & you keep doing good in school.. how'd your mom take the news? I think you can do it (:
  • You are so cute! Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck on whatever decision you make! Can't wait for us preglies to see you through!! Xoxo
  • There are resources out there to help young mothers. Talk to a social worker or family councilor. It will be hard (as it is hard when you arent young) but its not impossible. Stay strong and take it day by day. No mother or father is ever perfect but as long as you love your child and do your very best to take care of it then nothing else will matter. Ask for help when you need it and dont be ashamed to ask. Life isnt always easy but its more about what you make of it. Sit down and talk with your bf and both sets of parents and make a plan but dont be discouraged if the plan doesnt hold true. But I know I always feel better if I have some sort of plan to go with. It drives my husband crazy but he knows that it makes me sane!!! lol there are lots of women here to talk to and many that were and are young mommies. Good luck.
  • Well if you want to keep your baby and your mom is supportive then do it. It may be hard but teen moms who really want their babys turn out to be really great mommies (contrary to popular beliefs). its your choice and I wish you the best luck. My mom got pregnant with me when she was 17 and her life is great, and so is mine.
  • I was 17 when I got preg and 18 when I had him...it was the best feeling ever...the mother stuff came natural and easy to me...you can do...if your mom is around take any advice you can get from fam and friends and make sure you get a good doc that understands and not judgemental of you...congrats and good luck....btw I am 26 now and having my 4th baby :)
  • My son was born when I was 18, I was scared but I had the support of friends and family. I didn't want an abortion and I couldn't give him up so I stayed in school and worked hard for my son. I was a single mom for a few years. It's going to be hard but your baby is worth it. Just know you are not the first young mom and you won't be the last, You can do this! Look into resources in your area for young moms and accept help where available. Stay in school and good luck!
  • Congrats and welcome to the pregly world!!
    You can do this, i feel you have a good heart and youre capable of supporting this bby... And the best part is... having your moms support!! You might find some bumps down the road, but take it day by day!! Us pregnany mommies hormones are top notch.... lmao
    Good Luck!!
  • I'm 18 soon to be 19 and its turf but we teenage mothers will manage :)
  • I just turned 16 when I fell pregnant my babys dad was goin back to jamaica but when I told him he ask me to marry him an we went on to have our second an we been together 9ys nw so trust me every thing will work out in it own way an congrats to :-)
  • @seventeen I hav a similar story. At 17 My second time having sex period I got pregnant. I had a job at the timebut was living with my dad at the time and after graduation I moved in with my mom becausei just needed her. So theni had no wya to get to work cause no car and my mom lived a good half hour away. So needless to say I was nervous especially when her dad bailed. But I made it happen got a job at a daycare so I would have to pay childcare and bust my ass. You'll be able to do it.
  • Im 19! You can do it, scary i know.. When you see you're bub, you're feelings will change. Good luck what ever you decide to do!
  • You need to think about your options and do what's best for the baby. If you decide to keep the baby remember that it will be difficult but rewarding. With positive attitudes lots of love and support you will make the right choice!
  • Don't be So hard on yourself. You're young but Not too young to be a good mommy. As long as you have your priorities straight and love and strength in your heart you'll be OK. Its only a decision that you can make, you only know what's right for you. I don't know your entire situation but there are many moms your age and resources out there to help you. Seems like you may have a bond already... as scary as it is. :) take the time to think about what's best for you and your baby. Its a tough situation that's for sure... I hope that you have lots of support around you. A baby is a true blessing. If you believe it would be best for your baby to live with older parents that's OK! There are so many families that cannot have children that would be amazing for your child. But... just know that you can also be a wonderful mommy if your willing to do the work! Good luck girl, we're here!
  • I was gone for a while but coming back and reading all of these uplifting comments have really helped me! At first I was super nervous to put my story up here but I'm really glad that I did! Thanks for ask of your advice and help!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 19and I no exactly how u feel...... In only 18 weeks n I'm going to go through wit it god wouldn't put us through anything that we can't handle we jus have tu have faith..... N im not sure yet.. But I no this baby wil bring mre happiness n my life n the fathers life.... Even if things go down hilll congrats an goodluck.... The biggest hill tu get over iys the stigmas cuz eri one wil have something 2o say but so what
  • @seventeen You are not dumb! Things sometime just happen. I know it seems scary, but you have many options ahead of you. First and foremost, just breathe. :) You have nine months to decide the best course of action for you and the upcoming little one. The later on in the pregnancy, the more you will come to feel what is the best thing for you both. It may seem overwhelming, but take it day by day. Remember to keep taking care of yourself throughout it all! As cliche as it seems, you will know when the time comes what is the right choice - there are couples out there who would love the chance to adopt a child, and there are many great teenage mothers out there, too. Either way, I know you are going to make the best choice for you and the little one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @seventeen - I just wanted to share a story with you that I'm hoping will help. In my picture, I'm holding my cousin's baby girl, who is just about to turn 1 year old on March 2nd. His girlfriend, now fiance, was 16, just about to turn 17 when they discovered she was pregnant, and he was 17, just turning 18. A year later and they have their own place, a beautiful, healthy 1 year old, they're still together, and doing great. They both had lots of family love and support from both sides, even from the old school relatives who weren't happy about them being so young. If you decide to keep your baby and not adopt, you CAN do this. It takes extra strength and hard work when you start out as young as you are, but being a parent at any age takes strength and hard work! So, don't feel down, don't give up...I am sure you'll make the best decision for you and your boyfriend's lives.
  • I don't know why some people say that teen moms are bad. 18-ish is the perfect time for your body to make babies! I'm 19, just got married in October and two months later I got pregnant. My husband is 20 years older than me and already has 3 kids, so I'm blessed to have an experienced BD at my side. Good luck to you and I hope you have a good pregnancy!
  • @Seventeen, I know I'm a little late on seeing this, but I just wanted to share with you my story, hoping it will help you in any choice you make.

When I was 15 I got pregnant. I hid it from my parents until I was 27wks along. The reasons were because the father was 9yrs older than me (although we had known him&his family for 7yrs beforehand. He always used to come over&hang out, we were all like family. Anyway, we got real close&eventually got together. My parents knew that one day we would end up together, but of course it was thought that it would be after I was 18. Then my mother had always said as long as I could remember that if I ever ended up pregnant she would run, not walk, to the nearest abortion clinic to have it taken care of. So I was naturally very scared to tell her before in fear she would force me to abort my baby. I turned 16 when I was 7mos pregnant. I gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl just 2mos after my 16th birthday. I was in a school district home school program, but my mom hated one of my teachers so she pulled me out of it without setting up for me to go to another school. I was told that 'no grandchild of hers was coming into this world illegitimate', so even though I eventually planned on marrying my daughters father, I wasn't ready at 16. When my daughter was 5wks old, we got married. We lasted 11mos. We tried working it out, but I knew I wasn't in love with him, I was expected&pushed into marrying him immediately, etc. We are parents together, but we haven't been together for 9yrs. He took on my 2nd&3rd children (voluntarily) as his own as their fathers are not responsible for them, he asked me if he could be their daddy. He doesn't treat them any differently than he does his biological daughter, always forgetting he isn't their biological father when we talk about health history& ethics. I am married to the man I am supposed to, who I am madly in love with&fit together in every way perfectly. We are expecting our 2nd child together on our youngests 2nd birthday. I am 27yrs old, have 4 daughters ages 11, 8, almost 6 & 18mos, expecting #5 who we just found out yesterday is a boy. At first my parents were very upset&disappointed, but were very supportive from the get go. My oldest is a 'Papas Girl' who is always attached to my dad when he's around. Things have a funny way of working themselves out, as long as you always try your best&never give up you can go far. Nothing is ever out of reach nor impossible. Always keep the faith.
  • Thank you to everybody who shared their stories....they REALLY helped me make my final decision! I love all the support and positive feedback!