episiotomy/tearing

edited November 2011 in Giving birth
Before I give a call to my doctor I wanted to check in with the preglies to see if any of you have had an episiotomy or have torn during labor. How long did it take you to feel better?

Comments

• Bump
    I didnt need an episiotomy and I.didnt tear. Sorry im of no help
  • I tore a little with my first but not at all with my second. I have known many women to get cut though and the healing process tends to be longer. I personally would refuse getting cut and just tear naturally.
  • I did tear , it took me alil more thn a week to stop burning when I pee
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I torn a lil with my first and didn't have any discomfort other than when I stood for to long I felt a lot of pressure. It also was itchy as it healed. My sister had to be cut and it took her a while to heal and she was in a lot of pain.
  • same here tearing over episiotomy is much more preferable
  • I had a second degree tear (not sure how many stitches I have) and its been a week and 3 days and im still hurting. I just want to feel better already!!
  • I had an episiotomy and the 2 minor tears. I didn't feel either... everything stopped hurting about 3 days pp.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a episiotomy I felt a lot better after jus a few days
  • I had a episiotomy and i had discomfort here n there but no serious pain.Im now 2weeks pp and i dnt feel anything.. i just wish the stitches would asorb already!!!
  • I tore:( I'm almost 2 weeks pp. I asked my doctor how bad I tore he never told me. I remember when it took him like 30 mins to sow me up. I tore towards the bottom. I think this pain is worse than the labor. I've done about everything for it. I should have asked for some pain med. I've notice butt donuts helps a lot when sitting down
  • I had an episiotomy and it took about a week and a half to heal up but I'm fine.
  • I had a full episiotomy and after 5 days i was walking round shops with pain relief! Nearly 3 weeks on and i occasionally have a bit of pain if i have over done things but most of my pain was down to piles and
  • Constipation, actual stitched areas felt ok after a week. Certainly nothing to be too scared about, i know i was terrified of this happening!
  • I had an episiotomy an had pretty much no pain! It didn't stop me getting up an moving about an I didn't take my pain meds either! An they had to cut me quite alot!
  • I think about it this way: rip a pair of jeans its hard and only rips so far. Cut a pair of jeans then rip it some more. The cut is longer and much worse and tares easier. I tore and although I tore really bad (front to back) I was miserable for bout week and half had I got cut and then tore it would have been worse. Like a pair of jeans my skin would have tore easier. Jmo. And besides what if you get cut and didn't need it. Gl and I hope you don't need stitches.
  • I tore really bad and it took me five weeks to feel good again, I was too scared ti pee or have a bm coz it hurt so bad. I eventually got bad diarrhea because I didnt go for three weeks!